Star-Trek 'Gadgets'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Sorry just back from riding Olympus Mons on the Holodeck. What were you saying?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Forget Star Trek. I want the Logan's Run gadget that teleport Jenny Agutter into my room!

Your wish is my command

Jenny_Agutter_%282%29.jpg

booze and cake

probably out cycling
A five year mission and not a toilet to be seen

I'm sure I've mentioned it before but my brother directed the 2005 documentary 'how William Shatner changed the world', all about the tech in Star Trek that changed out world. It's on Youtube I notice.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OrXLIB05RY

My bro said Shatner was a proper down to earth dude (like all Canadian's) and had a good sense of humour. And in relation to lack of toilet shots on the Enterprise, here's a pic that's on my bathroom door at home, and was taken on the set of the above program. Shatner is on an on-set portaloo reading (note the book is upside down^_^) some heavy book on quantum mechanics or some other space age science stuff.
HwT34CP.jpg

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Here's a totally random off-topic but on topic question for any Star Trek or other sci-fi fans. I saw this Aston Martin Vanquish Zagato today, and though not a big fan of the styling, my overriding impression was that the rear light cluster looks like its totally ripped off from the rear end of an old Star Trek or Star Wars spaceship, or from some other film or TV sci-fi craft, but I can't for the life of me think what. Anyone got any ideas what spaceship the rear lights of this Aston look like they were stolen from? ^_^
c52sECf.jpg

Edit: they do look a bit like the thrusters from the F15 airplane, and the rear fire spewing bit on the back of the original batmobile, but I don't think that's what I was thinking of.....

Last edited:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Here's a totally random off-topic but on topic question for any Star Trek or other sci-fi fans. I saw this Aston Martin Vanquish Zagato today, and though not a big fan of the styling, my overriding impression was that the rear light cluster looks like its totally ripped off from the rear end of an old Star Trek or Star Wars spaceship, or from some other film or TV sci-fi craft, but I can't for the life of me think what. Anyone got any ideas what spaceship the rear lights of this Aston look like they were stolen from? ^_^
View attachment 475298
Edit: they do look a bit like the thrusters from the F15 airplane, and the rear fire spewing bit on the back of the original batmobile, but I don't think that's what I was thinking of.....

Looks like the ‘flames’ from the 1960’s Batmobile.

Top Bottom