Start tomorrow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goody

Veteran
Leaving Paddington at 7am need to be at Wick by 8am on 18th what happens in between is anyone's guess.
Thanks for all the help lets hope I enjoy the trip!
I'll let you know how it goes.

P.S. I had started a just giving page and a friend is going to update it with messages that I send back if you're interested here's a link;
http://www.justgivin...ollowtherainbow

Rebel Ian

Yep, I'd echo what Lee says. Everything else after Devon and Cornwall is a breeze! Have fun, it's a great experience and ride safe.

OP
OP
goody

goody

Veteran
I'm home. I finished on Saturday about 6:30pm the way I went via Arran worked out at 984 miles. One broken spoke two punctures. Weather started to turn after Kendal, seemed to be riding into the wind all the time then it got really wet going over Arran, flooded roads etc. Best bits were Clifton suspension bridge, A466 going into the Wye Valley, and the last two days from Fort William turning right off the A836 and going past Loch Naver was a good move. Rode the A9 back down to Inverness to get the train home possibly the worst road on the trip or maybe I'd just had enough of headwinds and traffic roaring past and not giving you an inch. Met some nice people on the way I hope the all made their journeys safely. Do it again? Not on my own, I was OK when the weather was good but it would have been good to have company when my spirits lulled. Would also rather travel lighter and use accommodation rather than camp. I did what I set out to do, rode from Lands End to JoG, in ten days covering over 1000miles (including the ride to a friends Uncles near Wick Saturday night) on my old three speed and raised a bit of money for a good charity. Cheers Everyone I'll open another beer!

Christkd

Nice one mate, feels great to have done it eh?

I'd hate to do it on my own, did mine with 4 mates and had a great time!

Hope your come down isn't too bad!

Chris

Mitz

Well done
thumbsup.png

Top Bottom