Statues are boring.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wobblers

Euthermic
[QUOTE 2813808, member: 1314"]I can't recall ever having been cuckolded quite like this, I gave up hope ironically for Lent, that's why I'm sitting on the top of Lord Hereford's Knob, Twmpa,Twmpa, put it up your jumper... issit

View attachment 33999

... anthropomorphising the landscape into a giant statue of the mind. That's more like it.[/quote]

User, you need to lay off the windolene and stick to quaffing beer!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Cobbett Road Library is Bitterne has a statue that is a person filing a book into the wall

A fun and relevant statue
Looks familiar... is it BA Robertson?

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I rather like this one in Mayfair

image.jpg

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Lord Holland.jpg
I used to walk past Lord Holland on the way back from taking my daughter to her primary school. He's sitting in his chair in the middle of a pond. In the spring, he would have a certain amount of guano on his head, and be entirely surrounded by hundreds of frogs engaged in an orgy of listless group sex. It was a splendid sight.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Argghhhhhhh :eek::eek::eek: Don't blink!
Dammit!!...I'll have to carry the PC monitor around with me to keep looking at it all day....:whistle:.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I've never been there, but I read that the town itself has seen better days and is depressing now.

I went to Morecambe for the first time last year and managed to shepherd seven or eight schoolmates from the class of '74 there to see a fellow member who whose band was playing a gig there. We had a wonderful time and there's a lot of regeneration taking place in the town. The public works of art are stunning the the sea front is really nice.

I revisited the place August Bank Holiday to start a Coast to Coast ride and spent a couple of hours enjoying the sea front and tea and cake at the former shipping pier/passenger terminal.

Morecambe does not deserve the derision directed at it.

Top Bottom