Stealing your own bike, sort of...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
15 minutes is longer than I'd expect a cable lock to last so not all bad :laugh:
I suspect if I'd used my pukka cycle cable cutters, I could have reduced it to about 60 seconds! But didn't want to risk damaging them.
:smile:

Alan O

Über Member
I can't think of a reason why everyone shouldn't have a full set of keys hidden (in a sealed plastic bag) in the garden, for such emergencies.
I would suggest in the house rather than in the garden.

I know that wouldn't help if I lost my house front door keys while I was out, but as our garden is accessible only through the house, having keys in the garden wouldn't help much - so that's one reason.

I could access the garden through a neighbour's house and climb over fences and through hedges, but it seems simpler to leave a set of front door keys with a trusted neighbour (which is what I have done).

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I would suggest in the house rather than in the garden.

I know that wouldn't help if I lost my house front door keys while I was out, but as our garden is accessible only through the house, having keys in the garden wouldn't help much - so that's one reason.

I could access the garden through a neighbour's house and climb over fences and through hedges, but it seems simpler to leave a set of front door keys with a trusted neighbour (which is what I have done).

In the almost 20 years I've been in this house I must have locked myself out about 6/7 times. It ia a 5 point lock door which needs the key to open it. Every time it's happened it's been because of going into the porch or answering the door without a key on me and as I like an open window the breeze happily shutting it behind me.. I've been through one neighbours house twice, once in my boxer shorts and the other side once to access my open rear window.
The last few times I've been slammed out but in the porch is to make a loop from the strimmer power cable that resides in the porch and spend a fer minutes swinging it through the letterbox until it hooks the handle and I can tug it down.

Conclusion, I'm very glad both inner and outer porch doors have a letterbox and to always lock the door with key when leaving the gaff.

classic33

Leg End Member
Nowhere near. Sorry.
Expected answer, now you've the hedgehog near the door.

classic33

Leg End Member
Now you're just making stuff up.
images-1.jpg

images-2.jpg

Top Bottom