Stealing your own bike, sort of...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Alexa, where are the keys stored?
You'd be in, so no longer require the keys.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
I fitted this only last week for a pensioner who has become increasingly confused and forgetful and has locked himself out once already. Not a quick job, as I had to rake out and repoint before fitting. It seems quite weatherproof, but I added some scraps of flashing to make sure. Quite a bargain, currently £14.48 from Toolstation.
P1000053.JPG

Silly old bugger now just has to remember the combination. Will let you know if it was a success next time I go out without the keys....

classic33

Leg End Member
I fitted this only last week for a pensioner who has become increasingly confused and forgetful and has locked himself out once already. Not a quick job, as I had to rake out and repoint before fitting. It seems quite weatherproof, but I added some scraps of flashing to make sure. Quite a bargain, currently £14.48 from Toolstation.
View attachment 442639
Silly old bugger now just has to remember the combination. Will let you know if it was a success next time I go out without the keys....
Can you still drop a small magnet, on a cord, into it to get the keys?

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
My lad had a cable lock wrapped around his frame and he lost the keys. Felco loppers went through about 95% of it in seconds, finished it off with a pair of secateurs easily took less than a minute.

subaqua

What’s the point
Can you still drop a small magnet, on a cord, into it to get the keys?

The sliding cover covers the combination wheels. It’s not like a letterbox. They are brilliant and we use one in work for key storage for the HVAP cupboard . Only those who have combo get access. Means no more lock changes when staff change

Top Bottom