Step 1: Build hill Step 2: Profit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeG

Guru
What's a 33° slope, percentage wise?

I'm guessing it's 36.67%

Approximately.

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 4966274, member: 21629"]1. Get a job.
2. Stop smoking that old hay.[/QUOTE]
He doesn't smoke, so he's said before.

OP
OP
blazed

blazed

220lb+
What's a 33° slope, percentage wise?
It doesn't matter. Even if there is some old country lane that is 50%. This is about something huge that can accomodate thousands of customers a day. Look at ski resorts, you ski down then get pulled back up. A simple concept but very profitable.

One difference with a ski slope is it would not be safe to have people cycling back down after reaching the summit. An elevator which goes down the core of the mound linking to an exit tunnel would be needed.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
To accomodate a reasonable length
Paging @Fnaar, STAT!!!!!

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
[QUOTE 4966274, member: 21629"]1. Get a job.
2. Stop smoking that old hay.[/QUOTE]
:laugh:
Advice on getting tea off a MacBook most welcome.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
You know how expensive stuff is, don't you? Good, 'coz £20 to £30 per tonne delivered, multiplied by the tens of thousands of tons you'd need, and the hundreds of hours of digger-time (at £220/ day if you're lucky), plus of course the cost of the land, the agents fees for the Planning Permission, and so on, could make a mess of your profit pretty quickly if you hadn't taken it all into account. Which you have, of course.
A: I think you have given this far too much thought
B: You have not read many posts from Messer Blazed.

:-)

Tin Pot

Guru
It doesn't matter. Even if there is some old country lane that is 50%. This is about something huge that can accomodate thousands of customers a day. Look at ski resorts, you ski down then get pulled back up. A simple concept but very profitable.

One difference with a ski slope is it would not be safe to have people cycling back down after reaching the summit. An elevator which goes down the core of the mound linking to an exit tunnel would be needed.

Ski slopes make fark all profit.

However, a dry slope near me closed last year so I've just phoned them up and bought it so i can ride up and down without fear of having to interact with the hoi polloi.

Lozz360

Veteran
You know how expensive stuff is, don't you? Good, 'coz £20 to £30 per tonne delivered, multiplied by the tens of thousands of tons you'd need, and the hundreds of hours of digger-time (at £220/ day if you're lucky), plus of course the cost of the land, the agents fees for the Planning Permission, and so on, could make a mess of your profit pretty quickly if you hadn't taken it all into account. Which you have, of course.
Proper ray of sunshine you are...

Top Bottom