Step 1: Build hill Step 2: Profit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
CAM00611-1.jpg

There's a road that goes up almost to the phone mast at the top. From the left of the building at the bottom.
Straight up. 60°+ in parts.

Cronorider

My plan B was to use a an out use quarry. Such as the abondoned slate quarry in Llanberis near Mt Snowdon. Snowdonia is a peak cycling and tourist area and cheaper than Hertfordshire. All it needs is some grading and tarmac. View attachment 374772

I'm not sure why you would want to grade and tarmac it - surely the thrill of being able to ride both up and down on a mountain bike as is would be an amazing catalyst for ticket sales? Perhaps you could get Danny MacAskill to come out for a bit of a promo

Last edited:

JoshM

I'm not sure why you would want to grade and tarmac it - surely the thrill of being able to ride both up and down on a mountain bike as is would be an amazing catalyst for ticket sales? Perhaps you could get Danny MacAskill to come out for a bit of a promo

Perhaps he should only grade and tarmac half of it. That way he could capitalise on the roadies on one half, and the mountain bikers on the other half.

Yeah, I'm not sure some of you are getting the scale of the tarmac job here. I've drawn a little red circle around the bit in the picture

upload_2017-9-22_21-58-31.png

classic33

Leg End Member
As would untold amounts of others. Either everyone here completely lacks enterprising thinking, or are just having a laugh whilst acknowledging to themselves the idea is good. But serious business, like serious cycling, requires serious people. And that is what has always been my advantage in life.
Seriously?

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 4967686, member: 21629"]1. Accy has got a competitor.
or
2. Blazed is Accy's twin brother.[/QUOTE]
First one.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
My plan B was to use a an out use quarry. Such as the abondoned slate quarry in Llanberis near Mt Snowdon. Snowdonia is a peak cycling and tourist area and cheaper than Hertfordshire. All it needs is some grading and tarmac. View attachment 374772
My team of lawyers will be in touch shortly re my post #36 , intellectual property etc...the usual stuff....

I'm prepared to settle.

subaqua

What’s the point
Dragons' Den would be so much fairer, if the dragons were put into weight divisions.
Yeah but what if you were close to the top of one division . A pie at lunch and you could be in a different division ...

gavgav

Guru
I didn't think there were any steeper roads than hardknott pass (35%) in the UK. Regardless this wouldn't be some little crusty lane that hits high gradient for 10 metres, it would be an epic mound.

When buying in such bulk it would be far cheaper than that for crushed concrete. Likewise you would not hire a digger for £220/day with the time length it would be cheaper to buy diggers outright and sell them after the project. I know what i am doing dont doubt me.
You clearly haven't been up Hardknott Pass.......Crusty Lane!!

Top Bottom