Stevevw down but not out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Heal quickly :hugs:

Hello Steve. Get well soon. I can understand how shocked you feel but don't worry. The sight of you hurtling toward the driver and cage will pass soon enough, and she'll be as right as rain. :smile:
Apart from that - good health and get shopping!
And a Happy Christmas.:snowball:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I hope you are up and about very soon Steve.

Just as an add on. Regardless whether you are at fault or not in an accident. If you are ever cautioned by a police officer, politely decline to answer his questions without a solicitor present and stick to it. You are under no obligation to answer his questions and the police officer has every right to ask them.

It is so easy to drop yourself in it without even knowing it.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Crikey! Hope you mend soon, Steve.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Blimey yours sounds much worse than mine, those higher up vertebrae must be terrible with the neck brace an all. In A&E I had a brace fitted that stayed on for about 12 hours while they did all the tests. I was glad when it came off and I did not have to look at the ceiling all the time.

I found the IV morphine was instant working but did not last that long and the Oramorphe takes about 20 minutes to fully kick in but lasts much longer. I too do not mind the taste, can't say I like it either. I hardly ever dream or if I do I do not remember them but on the morphine I have had vivid dreams during every sleep. So far they have just been weird or nice not had a bad one yet. Probably will now I have thought about it.

I am a glass half full type of person and will always look on the bright side and never give up. As the physio girls found out on Tuesday when I was determined to stand and walk a few steps with my new sticks. OK I admit that by the time I had stood and taken 3 steps forward turned got back to the bed and sat down the sweat was poring off me and I felt like I had just completed a 400 km Audax. The girls told me that most people just say they can't do it and give up. Yesterday when they came round I told them I had been looking forward to them coming, they said that was a first for them.
Good physiotherapists are worth their weight in gold.^_^

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Blimey @stevevw that all sounds horrific. Get well soon and obey the doctors orders. Backs are funny things to heal. I wish that I had listened and obeyed when I was in my 20s.
Glad you have a good physio. Bad ones are awful. Enjoy the morphine

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
Have they mentioned anything about getting back on a bike yet?

Yes I asked the physio who said there was nothing stopping me as long as I dressed my self, put my own shoes on and walked out of the hospital all totally unaided. I took it she meant don't be an idiot that's not happening any time soon. Now try and walk up these three steps with your sticks without breaking sweat, no you failed.

Top Bottom