Stevevw down but not out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
@stevevw I don't look at this part of the forum often because it can be too depressing - I'm sorry not to have commented sooner.

I hope you will be feeling better soon !

Good to see your sense of humour wasn't affected. Keep taking the tablets and try to train those nurses better.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
At least your sense of humour appears undamaged.

GWS, and make sure you note everything that was damaged and needs replacing - all of the clothing and equipment the medics had to chop off you, plus the bike, which is probably totalled.

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
I am home now and have been for a day or so. Instead of being happy and getting on with it I have had the right miseries. I can not get comfortable in bed where ever I move a different part of my back seems to hurt. Have sat down stairs a couple of times but after a short time the pain gets too much and I have to go back to bed. I can't get in the bath so have to wash sitting on a chair by the bathroom sink. And worst of all I have been taking it out on poor Sandra she has been great looking after me. I hope this does not last too long I am not used to it and do not like it at all. I am hoping telling you all will help me get my head together.

Monday I will get on to the police to get the drivers details then the ctc to start things rolling. I am also desperate to contact the driver so she knows I will be ok, it was an accident after all. I know I would be devastated if I had been the driver and would want to know what is happening.

I am also desperate to contact the driver so she knows I will be ok, it was an accident after all. I know I would be devastated if I had been the driver and would want to know what is happening.
This is a laudable idea, and I am not a lawyer, but can I suggest you don't do this until you have spoken to a solicitor? I'd hate to think you jeopardised your case by telling her you are ok. I'm sure the police can relay the basic facts to her if she asks, but you assuring her that you are fine might bite you in the arse in the future.

I could be completely wrong about this and if so your lawyer will give you the ok soon.

Good luck to you and Sandra. Stay strong - and cry when you need to.

vickster

Legendary Member
I spoke to the guy who knocked me off the day after the accident as he was concerned. Indeed, I randomly bumped into him a few weeks later, after I had decided to start proceedings (although he wasn't aware at that point). I have not seen him since even though he is pretty local. Indeed, his son owns a bike shop a few miles from here, needless to say I've not been in since I collected my bike from there after they had straightened it out. I don;t think any of these interactions will have any bearing on the case, other than some paperwork it all comes down to the lawyers. The whole medico-legal stuff takes some time, so as yet she probably has no idea what injuries you sustained. Indeed, she may never know the details as you release your medical records to the lawyers and experts, not the other party

That said, check with your solicitor ref any contact

GWS :smile:

Ganymede

Veteran
I am home now and have been for a day or so. Instead of being happy and getting on with it I have had the right miseries. I can not get comfortable in bed where ever I move a different part of my back seems to hurt. Have sat down stairs a couple of times but after a short time the pain gets too much and I have to go back to bed. I can't get in the bath so have to wash sitting on a chair by the bathroom sink. And worst of all I have been taking it out on poor Sandra she has been great looking after me. I hope this does not last too long I am not used to it and do not like it at all. I am hoping telling you all will help me get my head together.

Monday I will get on to the police to get the drivers details then the ctc to start things rolling. I am also desperate to contact the driver so she knows I will be ok, it was an accident after all. I know I would be devastated if I had been the driver and would want to know what is happening.
Have you got some proper painkillers? If pain is keeping you awake then ask your doc. Sleep is the healer and they will give you stuff to help that.

+1 to what coffeejo said re your obviously wonderful missus. As long as you let her know that you know that you're being difficult then she will understand - it is so hard to be injured and incapacitated, especially for a fit person. When Mr G did his achilles I had to do things like carry all the logs into the house, plus all the cooking etc but he made me feel appreciated even though I was run ragged!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Its actually probably good that the painkillers do not completely remove the pain, its far too easy to do too much after a big dose of Codeine (I was on 60mg 4 times a day) but you need to heal and not do too much too soon.

Top Bottom