Stevevw down but not out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I am home now and have been for a day or so. Instead of being happy and getting on with it I have had the right miseries. I can not get comfortable in bed where ever I move a different part of my back seems to hurt. Have sat down stairs a couple of times but after a short time the pain gets too much and I have to go back to bed. I can't get in the bath so have to wash sitting on a chair by the bathroom sink. And worst of all I have been taking it out on poor Sandra she has been great looking after me. I hope this does not last too long I am not used to it and do not like it at all. I am hoping telling you all will help me get my head together.

Monday I will get on to the police to get the drivers details then the ctc to start things rolling. I am also desperate to contact the driver so she knows I will be ok, it was an accident after all. I know I would be devastated if I had been the driver and would want to know what is happening.
See what the legal advice is regarding contacting the driver, before you do so. Or see if the police will pass on the message that you are okay, to the driver.
Either way, be careful what you say.

The pain will ease, just give it time as you find parts of your body that you'd forgotten about, as they start to hurt.

Yikes GWS! Good carbon is stronger than folk think but bin them forks. I'm still waiting for my forks to be replaced after a much smaller crash, they've done 11,000 miles in the meantime :-/

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
See what the legal advice is regarding contacting the driver, before you do so. Or see if the police will pass on the message that you are okay, to the driver.
Either way, be careful what you say.

The pain will ease, just give it time as you find parts of your body that you'd forgotten about, as they start to hurt.
Indeed,in fact if your contacting the CTC and police I would in no way contact or give any info to them if not through insurance or solicitors as any information you give could be used to alter any outcome legally or monetarily at a later date

classic33

Leg End Member
Indeed,in fact if your contacting the CTC and police I would in no way contact or give any info to them if not through insurance or solicitors as any information you give could be used to alter any outcome legally or monetarily at a later date
I was thinking more along the lines of placing the driver under further stress. That and it might be taken as trying to play with their emotions.
Given the description of them at the scene.

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
Thanks all for the helpful tips and suggestions. Just realised I may have another slight problem. I am a CTC member through my cycle club and as such am an associate member which looks like I will not have the legal cover that full members get. I will ring the CTC tomorrow and ask for advice. Quite looking forward to using my brain and getting stuck in on this. And have decided that in a few weeks I will start building a pair of wheels. Something I can do in the kitchen and not too heavy or dirty.

Must say I am feeling much brighter today, still in some pain but my outlook is again more positive. Told my wife how much I appreciate what she is doing for me then promptly blocked the toilet up with the first proper poo in 10 days. Oh she laughed. I will be treating her big time once back on my feet. She is a special girl to put up with me.

Thanks again for all the support it has really helped.

vickster

Legendary Member
You could go direct to Slater & Gordon who are the solicitors CTC use. They are advertising on TV so would presumably be happy to take the case on a no win no fee basis

vickster

Legendary Member
Probably best to confirm when you call

Looking here http://www.ctc.org.uk/membership/af...cling-clubs-and-groups-of-all-types-and-sizes it says

CTC Affiliated Membership for Individuals
Once your group has affiliated, you will be given a unique code your individual members can use to join online. It costs just £18 for individual members to take out club affiliation which will cover them should they cause any damage or injury to anybody else while cycling to a Third Party.
They will also receive:

• Discounts offered by a range of retail discounts including Cotswold Outdoor, YHA and CS Healthcare
  • An entertaining weekly e-newsletter, ‘CycleClips’, full of all the latest cycling news.
Note only full CTC members have automatic access to legal claims advice.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sadly I think she might have left :sad:

Ok.
That's a shame. She was brilliant with my claim.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I was thinking more along the lines of placing the driver under further stress. That and it might be taken as trying to play with their emotions.
Given the description of them at the scene.
Maybe, i have read stories on here of drivers changing their tune later on i just hope your more optimistic view is right .

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
Getting back on the bike looking further away. Just got physio appointment for 4 weeks time. How stupid the nhs is, will be close to 3 months after the accident before first physio session.

Top Bottom