Stiff ankles and sudden cramps after cycling.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Randombiker9

Randombiker9

Ok but I still get it even when I don’t cycle for example I just finished volunteering at a animal park and I wear wellies every time afterwards I tend to always get numbness/pins and needles and the longer I stand up the longer it lasts for example this morning it didn’t happen except for the afternoon.

Ok but I still get it even when I don’t cycle for example I just finished volunteering at a animal park and I wear wellies every time afterwards I tend to always get numbness/pins and needles and the longer I stand up the longer it lasts for example this morning it didn’t happen except for the afternoon.
Go to a doctor or physiotherapist

vickster

Legendary Member
You need better support around your ankles maybe? Go see a physio as suggested to get assessed and exercise programme. If you can’t afford private appointments, see your GP and request a referral. It’s quite simple to do

Nigelnightmare

Über Member
Nobody's mentioned the fact that you stated it started AFTER an accident that damaged your ankle.

It obviously hasn't healed properly.
GO TO SEE THE DOCTOR.
Before the damage becomes permanent!

OP
OP
Randombiker9

Randombiker9

Nobody's mentioned the fact that you stated it started AFTER an accident that damaged your ankle.

GO TO SEE THE DOCTOR.
I know I keep putting it off as now when I’ve decided as it keeps getting more noticeable and begging to get felt in the knee as well, the most closest appointment is Wednesday when I’m busy awkardly. I regret not doing it sooner now.

OP
OP
Randombiker9

Randombiker9

GO TO SEE THE DOCTOR.
I kept putting it off because that day
Which was around 6 months ago. At the time it was unstable. I litreally could barely walk on it that day. However that day I did get it checked out but they said it was fine However the next few days I did start getting slight pain however the unstableness went away and I was able to do my ussual activities. So I thought it would go away eventually and at the end of the week it did. However the following month I started getting it to come back and going along with the pins and needles. Felt a lot more after my activities and still do
Well awkwardly now there’s no appointments till Wedsneday

OP
OP
Randombiker9

Randombiker9

Get the doctor to refer you to a physio, the GP won't rehab you

I know it sounds stupid but
I don’t know how you find a doctors appointment?
ive never had any sort of checkup at a doctors. So I wouldn’t know how to book an appoitment.

vickster

Legendary Member
I know it sounds stupid but
I don’t know how you find a doctors appointment?
ive never had any sort of checkup at a doctors. So I wouldn’t know how to book an appoitment.
You’ve never seen a GP? Are you registered?
You can see a private physio without seeing a doctor first

OP
OP
Randombiker9

Randombiker9

You’ve never seen a GP? Are you registered?
You can see a private physio without seeing a doctor first

You confused me as you said gp won’t and well I am registered and I do have a GP but haven’t seen him/her for ages I don’t even know the name.

vickster

Legendary Member
You confused me as you said gp won’t and well I am registered and I do have a GP but haven’t seen him/her for ages I don’t even know the name.
A GP doesn't rehab injured joints, they'll prescribe medication, maybe suggest a diagnosis or some basic exercise, but for thorough support with rehabilitation, you need a physio. You can pay to do that privately, or you can get a referral to an NHS physio from the GP.
Doesn't matter if you don't know the GPs name, you don't need to see the same one, although some practices might encourage you to see your named doctor (they'll know who that is) but usually you can just see any Dr at the practice

OP
OP
Randombiker9

Randombiker9

A GP doesn't rehab injured joints, they'll prescribe medication, maybe suggest a diagnosis or some basic exercise, but for thorough support with rehabilitation, you need a physio. You can pay to do that privately, or you can get a referral to an NHS physio from the GP.
Doesn't matter if you don't know the GPs name, you don't need to see the same one, although some practices might encourage you to see your named doctor (they'll know who that is) but usually you can just see any Dr at the practice
Thanks and well as I said before the only closest appoitment with GP is Wednesday. As for privately that will be expensive for me since I only work 1
Day a week in a casual position (also looking for other jobs) and volunteer most other days

Top Bottom