Stiff ankles and sudden cramps after cycling.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks and well as I said before the only closest appoitment with GP is Wednesday. As for privately that will be expensive for me since I only work 1
Day a week in a casual position (also looking for other jobs) and volunteer most other days
Wednesday isn't long. In the meantime, stay off it as much as you can, put ice on it for 15 mins if it's swollen (bag of peas wrapped in teatowel) or heat if it's stiff (hot water bottle)

OP
OP
Randombiker9

Randombiker9

Wednesday isn't long. In the meantime, stay off it as much as you can, put ice on it for 15 mins if it's swollen (bag of peas wrapped in teatowel) or heat if it's stiff (hot water bottle)
I don’t think it’s swollen. But I can’t see great close up due to my eyesight
Well staying off it is very hard when I volunteer at a an animal park tommorow, out with friends on Saturday and Volunteering with dogs on Sunday and as causal receptionist on Tuesday. I’ve already missed quite a few off these days at the animal park. I’m worried if I don’t go back soon . My head of department will be worried or think I’m not enjoying it anymore and if don’t do anything this week I’ll get very bored as I’m very used to being active most days.

OP
OP
Randombiker9

Randombiker9

Doesn’t help I keep being too late booking them as no appointments are left someone must of already booked the one on Wednesday and following spaces that were left

why didnt I get I sorted out before 🙄

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Does an ankle support help? One of the stretchy type ones you can get at Boots, Decathlon, a sports shop.
Book an appointment online or call the practice early in the morning and se what you can get. If you won't or can't rest it, it'll possibly take far longer to get better. Stick the peas on it, won't do any harm (NOT directly on skin and not for more than 15 mins...oh and don't eat the peas afterwards)

OP
OP
Randombiker9

Randombiker9

Does an ankle support help? One of the stretchy type ones you can get at Boots, Decathlon, a sports shop.
Book an appointment online or call the practice early in the morning and se what you can get. If you won't or can't rest it, it'll possibly take far longer to get better. Stick the peas on it, won't do any harm (NOT directly on skin and not for more than 15 mins...oh and don't eat the peas afterwards)
I don’t know but l can try although I think most of those shops shut now. I could ask and explain to my head of department if I can do jobs that aren’t as painful as much. Becuse I notice it’s slighty more painful for example the more pressure I put for example ith the alpacas or with the goat that loves to ram people in the leg or bum 🙄even though I only have once right above my wellies. It seems to love my wellies a few days after I got knocked of j think) compared to the meerkats, capybara etc.. perhaps that could help? Although it probably depends what needs to doing and has already been done.

vickster

Legendary Member
I don’t know but l can try although I think most of those shops shut now. I could ask and explain to my head of department if I can do jobs that aren’t as painful as much. Becuse I notice it’s slighty more painful for example the more pressure I put for example ith the alpacas or with the goat that loves to ram people in the leg or bum 🙄even though I only have once right above my wellies. It seems to love my wellies a few days after I got knocked of j think) compared to the meerkats, capybara etc.. perhaps that could help? Although it probably depends what needs to doing and has already been done.
Supermarkets sell them too, no big Tesco or whatever nearby?

OP
OP
Randombiker9

Randombiker9

@vickster not within walking distance I don’t drive and don’t want to cycle this late because I have too go through a road which can be known as quite a rough during night.

OP
OP
Randombiker9

Randombiker9

Fair enough, stick the peas and/or HW bottle on
Ok

OP
OP
Randombiker9

Randombiker9

thanks and I forgot you can book appointments online so I’ve booked one for the 31st 5.20pm as that was the only space I’m free as im not free on weds early morning and those were the only days

I suppose if one comes up earlier in the week I can cancel and change to that one.

OP
OP
Randombiker9

Randombiker9

Good stuff. Don't forget to tell the Dr that you're hypermobile (double jointed)
Thanks however I found an appointment that’s earlier and on a day I’m not busy should I cancel current and book this one?
when it asks what for should I put slight ankle/foot pain and pins/needles sensation? Just making sure I put it correct

Top Bottom