Still can`t bring myself.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

speccy1

To re-join.....................

Up until a year or so ago I was a regular with my club, part of the committee too and full on with all that was happening. My riding was of a good standard too.

Due to things getting heavy I decided to cut all ties as it was taking over my life. I was still paying my membership because I might have fancied a Sunday ride, and I like to support local clubs, even though I may not participate.

Now I`m stuck, every Sunday morning I`m thinking "oh billy no mates here on my own and dipped out again", then I make my promises to turn up on the Sunday ride, and when the time comes I`d rather have a few extra hours in bed.

What the hell do I do?? It`s starting to play on my mind. I know that if I just manage to crack one club ride I`d be fine, I just can`t bring myself to do it.......

What do I do peoples? Write the whole thing off and give up, or make the effort and try one ride??

Katherine

Guru
You won't know unless you try it!

OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

Join a freewheeling ride that starts at ten, stops to admire the views and spends an hour in a pub for lunch. Much more attractive than getting up at the crack of dawn to ride quickly looking mainly at someone's back tyre IMO. :cheers:
That`s exactly what it is, get up stupid early and stare at somebody`s back wheel. When I used to do it I always started feeling like crap, by by the end of the ride I was on top of the wolrd - couldn`t get enough and was buzzing. I find it so bloody difficult now, but would love to be a part of the group again. What to do??:wacko::wacko:

flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Do they do other rides besides the single Sunday club run?

In the club I'm a member of they now do an A and B Sunday rides, the B-ride being more social. There's also 2+ Saturday rides, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday ones.

I'm rarely at the Sunday club runs; only 2-3 a year. Instead I'll do Saturday ones plus the odd mid-week rides. That's fine with me as I can't commit to Sundays.

It reads as if you need something other than the typical Sunday club run ...

screenman

Legendary Member
What is stupid o'clock? I would not like the other alternative listed with the pub stop bit.

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
What is stupid o'clock? I would not like the other alternative listed with the pub stop bit.

No me neither , get up & get out @speccy1 you know you really really want to !

Just enjoy the ride & no getting involved with the committee & the running of the club like taking a back seat though you may find that hard at first but if you don't try it you won't know

Venod

Eh up
Go, but remember you don't have to go every week, use it to your own advantage, you joined to enhance your cycling, you wasn't conscripted.

Reactions: mjr

snorri

Legendary Member
You don't have to go cycling with a crowd every Sunday, so why do it if you lack enthusiasm? There are other hobbies and interests out there:smile:.
I had a work colleague who changed his hobbies every few years. At one point he was involved in sub-aqua diving, had all the gear read all the books dived regularly then it all stopped quite suddenly and he was studying meteorology leading to sitting for a a private pilot licence which he eventually achieved before going on to something completely different.
During these years I had been heavily involved in a sailing club, racing, committees, etc.. and often wonder if I should have tried changing interests rather than sticking with the same hobby. Although it is satisfying to have knowledge and experience in certain fields, the learning curve flattens out after a period and perhaps it is time then to move on.

Top Bottom