Still can`t bring myself.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ciar

Veteran
Join a freewheeling ride that starts at ten, stops to admire the views and spends an hour in a pub for lunch. Much more attractive than getting up at the crack of dawn to ride quickly looking mainly at someone's back tyre IMO. :cheers:

This sounds perfect, not that i ride road unless commuting but if i wanted that push i would just pop along and enjoy it!

i myself have had the same problem as you, weekends i love to get out in the forest and ride the MTB it's far and above my favourite time on a bike, but due to being busy and friends not being around it's been crap. In 2014 we did tons of riding 2015 awful, 2016 i shall make sure i get out, mostly as i have a new bike and she needs her maiden voyage :smile:

OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

club kit design
club ride starting times
distance/speed of club rides
helmet/no helmet policy
ride leaders feeling unappreciated/disrespected
how to spend club funds
but most of all, the biggest problem is that you have a large(ish) group of people that wouldn't normally be friends or like each other, spending time together on Sunday mornings - some are rich, some are poor, some are company directors others are unemployed, some vote for UKIP, some vote GREEN - of course they are not going to get on just because they all like cycling!!!
That`s not far from the truth, and don`t even mention the top two:banghead:

Never, ever being listened to at meetings with ideas etc was a big problem I had, so I used to go along, say nothing, simmer, record all of the main points on paper, and leave. No point me saying much as it always fell on deaf ears, so threw my hand in.....................

Top Bottom