Still getting there!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

Some of you may know that i have lost a lot of blubber since starting to ride in may last year...I was 21 stone then...I have just stepped off the scales at 15s 13lbs....it took me a while to drop below the 16 mark but today i did it...it's abig milestone in my mind:smile:

ChrisKH

Guru
Well done BTFB!

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

being fat is silly when you look back on it isn't it?

You are correct sir it is silly and I am amazed that I have achieved this and what's more done it doing something I really enjoy:smile:.

Being fat is a downward spiral of self defeating hopelessness, the physical risks to health are well known but the mental damage is just as dangerous imho. depressive illness is no fun.

There are thousands of excuses (and I have used them all) but there comes a moment when killing yourself loses its appeal and something clicks inside...what is needed at that point is a catalyst to get one off ones arse and change how one is living...in my case it has been cycling. If that catalyst isnt there then it is oh so easy to just roll over and convince yourself you arnt actually that fat and reach for the dairy milk.

Self image is important...but not as many think. The popular conception of a fatties self image is low...in my case it was the opposite...I actually believed I wasnt fat...and as such nothing changed....when I realised I was actually seriously fat my inner self image and self esteem dropped through the floor....BUT it was this change that made me fight it instead of run from it.

being able to ride a bike is something i never thought I would be able to do again..I am just so pleased I am losing weight...although I still consider myself fat and overweight, which I am, so i will keep losing weight until i reach my optimum BMI and then i will try to keep it that way...

...all these fat peeps and the multi million £ diet industry that feeds off them...amazing ...when the answer to the problem is sitting gathering dust in their sheds in need of a simple service and lube up!

Wow listen to me harking on...12 months ago I couldnt walk to the end of the road:blush:

stevenb

Nice one BTFB. :evil:
Now your motivated even more you'll not stop.
Congrats indeed.
:tongue:

domtyler

Über Member
Five stone in eight months is seriously good going. Well done that man, guts and determination in spades.

Top Bottom