Stinging pee after cycling..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

doodles

Does anyone else have the same symptoms?

I only get it sometimes after longer rides of 3 hrs plus.

I'm taking plenty of fluids when I'm riding and have tried different fluids and energy drinks etc.

My saddle feels comfortable enough.

I've not had this happen for a while but did a 60 mile ride today after a 3 week lay off as my bike was being fixed.
I suffered for a couple of hours afterwards when I needed to pee it was very painful and stinging.

Anyone else had this and found out what the cause is and how to remedy it??

lukesdad

Have you asked your GP ? Thats where I d start.

OP
OP
D

doodles

I haven't gone down the GP route as of yet due to the fact that its such a rare occurance these days.
When I first started out on the road bike a couple of yrs ago I used to get it but now its only on the very longest of rides and then only rarely.

gavintc

Guru
I used to get this when I had a long ride. I changed too many things at once to genuinely know what solved it. For me; new bibs, new saddle and changed my gels - problem over.

However, I do not want to get into judgement here. But, if there are other lifestyle issues in your life, you might want to see a doc.

OP
OP
D

doodles

no other issues..... I know where you're going with this but I'm a good boy and love my wife too much to have any other issues!!

It sounds like a saddle problem, tubes being crushed and all that, which would cause pain when you pee. If it's only after cycling and then only after a certain time I would say it's time to go down the long and winding road of finding a saddle that takes the pressure off. What saddle do you have now?

OP
OP
D

doodles

I have been using the standard spesh saddel from and allez elite, i think the saddle is called spesh comp but i also have a spesh toupe saddle which i also use and its the same with both of them.
I'll try playing around with the saddle angle.

Globalti

Legendary Member
It's irritation of the tubes caused by the saddle. Women get "bride's cystitis" which is a similar problem caused by a different agent.

sleekitcollie

pls get this checked out by a gp . its as easy as dropping in a sample . , speaking from experiance , it could be a number of things
i had simmiler symptoms which turned out to be a bladder infection which can be a sign of serious things , NOT saying it is but belive me its so easy to get things checked out at docs
ps i'm all clear now various treatments and cpl biopsys done but SO glad i went to the docs early:smile:

BintanMan

pls get this checked out by a gp . its as easy as dropping in a sample . , speaking from experiance , it could be a number of things
i had simmiler symptoms which turned out to be a bladder infection which can be a sign of serious things , NOT saying it is but belive me its so easy to get things checked out at docs
ps i'm all clear now various treatments and cpl biopsys done but SO glad i went to the docs early:smile:

Sorry to bump this, but I experienced similar symptoms yesterday and during the night. I suspect it's the saddle angle, compounded by the fact that I'm overweight (16.5st) and doing long rides too soon (2x15 milers in 3 days after only 3 weeks riding again). The problem I have is I used to be very fit, running marathons etc, and I feel ok fitness wise doing long rides but maybe my body isn't up to it yet. Plus I'm getting older! I'm going to see my GP just in case though because I've never had anything like this before. I'm recovering from testicular cancer (Nov 2008) and still going for CT scans and regular blood tests at the moment so I'm not unduly worried as all my scans and bloods have been 100% clear.

Symptoms are very painful pee, but it had subsided A LOT today. Sorry if it's too much information but there were signs of 'other stuff' in my pee appearing in the toilet bowl as well.

byegad

Legendary Member
Is your pee dark in colour? Maybe you are getting a bit dehydrated.

I once got similar symptoms after completing a long wallk and running out of water half way through the day. It cleared up after I sank two pints of orange juice and a pint of lemonade in the pub. By the time I was on my second pint of beer everything was fine!

Top Bottom