Stolen helmets...would you buy one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
S

Stu9

I know it was probably stupid getting one, one because of the ear problem and 2, it might be nicked....oh well, what's done's done....now I'm not saying it's right buying nicked goods (if they are), but you're not going to tell me all the goody goody on here have never been given or bought something before they know is.....then again, maybe not

Archeress

Veteran
Throwing my twopenneth worth in, are you sure it's stolen and that it isn't a fake? The fakes can look very convincing, but be less use than a chocolate helmet in an accident (at least you can eat the chocolate helmet). I spent time in a hospital with concussion after being knocked off my bike by a post office van. My head was the first part of me to hit the ground (no hand injuries) and I wasn't wearing a helmet. I would only ever buy a helmet from a reputable lbs.

Hugs
Archeress x

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
I know it was probably stupid getting one, one because of the ear problem and 2, it might be nicked....oh well, what's done's done....now I'm not saying it's right buying nicked goods (if they are), but you're not going to tell me all the goody goody on here have never been given or bought something before they know is.....then again, maybe not

Maybe, maybe not, but what peeps probably don't do is, Advertise online that they have been offered items that may/may not be stolen. State that they have bought said item, knowing that it's origin could be dodgy.

Love to know what your defence would be in any subsequent charge of handling stolen goods :giggle:

Davidc

Guru
The fake possibility should worry you.

A fake may be made of a plastic that shatters to sharp pieces, and could be actively dangerous in a collision. Whatever the merits or otherwise of proper ones they will at least be made of safe materials.

As said above, this has nothing to do with the normal helmet arguments it's about goods that are suspected dodgy in one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom