Stop / Start on Cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
But officer, it is necessary to keep my engine idling to run the aircon, so I don't get too sweaty driving Dominic and Bunty the 600 metres to school.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
So, yesterday, it was approaching the humidity and heat of the devil's armpit and one cycle park was south facing and made into a little oven by heat reflecting off the shop windows behind.... and so Mister Toad parked in the bus stop while Ratty went into the shop sat there with the engine on, presumably either to keep the air con on or to claim to a warden that he'd not really stopped. Because that's what cyclists and anyone walking to or from the shop in that heat needed: more fumes. :rolleyes: Posh SUV, must have had stop start, either disabled or inactive due to AC.

mustang1

Legendary Member
I nearly always have it turned off because when the car shuts off or starts up, it has a tiny bit of vibration and the whole point of comfortable cars is... well.. comfort. That vibration reduces the comfort.

Tim Hall

I nearly always have it turned off because when the car shuts off or starts up, it has a tiny bit of vibration and the whole point of comfortable cars is... well.. comfort. That vibration reduces the comfort.
FFS. Post #60 in this thread might be instructional.

Drago

Legendary Member

You must get a surprise when you drive over a small pebble or a blade of grass.

Top Bottom