Stopping a daft overtake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Done that a few times my self!

Origamist

Legendary Member
Good use of the back off gesture.

Can't you reposition your camera so you don't lose 25-30% of the image?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
It can do - again, there's no accounting for who's behind you though, I've had a couple of tosspots who've honked and then roared past me in a "How dare you tell me what to do" sort of a way.

Take primary, and use that space to escape if necessary, imo.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Good use of the back off gesture.

The problem is my new camera has a wider field of view than my old one, but I like having it sit just under the helmet. It'd be a pain actually attaching it to the helmet.

I had a montego estate behind me on Friday, decided to try to pass 30 yards from a blind bend, he had no chance and backed off again but still insisted on telling me I should go faster or something, these people are mad.

I had a montego estate behind me on Friday, decided to try to pass 30 yards from a blind bend, he had no chance and backed off again but still insisted on telling me I should go faster or something, these people are mad.

Unusual in itself....should have rotted by now

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Actually, this got me thinking. I've been meaning to look at repositioning it, and just trying it now, I can quite comfortably sit it in front of the strap you can see in the video. As well as having a wider field of view, the camera is smaller.

Smashin'! :smile:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I had a montego estate behind me on Friday

Catrike - I agree with Sheffield Tiger, the rest of your post seemed trivial once I read the first line.

The thought of a still running Montego!

- Baz -

Thanks for posting this and good to see that it does work. Would have used it last week. As I was just entering a mini RAB - in primary - some moron decides to overtake! I managed an 'Oi!' and a glare, while holding my line with grim determination, but that was more out of surprise and WTF? than good planning. The guy backed off, but I still can't believe anyone would try something as idiotic.

Top Bottom