Stopping drinking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
5 or 7 it is only a number, cannot figure out what the problem is. Now I know this is my opinion but anything over 7 hours sleep is a large waste of life, I want to see as much as mine as possible.

Tin Pot

Guru
It's taken me a long time to realise just how much a large glass of wine affects me.

Joking aside, I avoid more than 125ml the day before I'm training. And finish the bottle the night before my rest day.

This probably isn't that good for my recovery but feck it.

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Sounds like the problem is your own lack of enthusiasm, the line "eventually got up at 7am and did a flat 30." really comes across as though you had to "force" yourself to get up and get out on your bike, it is coming across (to me at any rate) as though you are not enjoying getting out on your bike almost as though it has become a chore rather than something you enjoy. Like you say, perhaps it is time for some changes.

I am not a fair weather rider, but I think a brighter warmer Sunday will get me up with a spring in my step. Last Sunday was a bit cold and damp and I was a little knackered from spending the week/weekend laying a patio. I do need to find some new routes and riders though.

PenttitheFinn

If you only drink at home, I would suggest giving up completely. If you go out to drink, you are doing this for the company, as I know few people who would happily sit alone in a pub (apart from those with alcohol dependence). Personally I can think of few things that I enjoy as much as having a chat with friends over a few pints. What's good for the mind is good for the body!

PenttitheFinn

Three weeks now, and feeling better than ever!
If you are feeling good, keep going, but one thing that I only recently learnt is that Cider with preservatives don't agree with me. I have known for many years that some Real Ales don't agree with me, but don't know why. I gave up alcohol for January (still went to the pub), I have had very little caffeine for months and my BP didn't drop at all. After 40+ years of social drinking I didn't find giving up a problem, but didn't see any benefits (apart from no hangovers)

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Giving up drinking was the easiest and best thing i ever done......been 6yrs now

Jimidh

Veteran
I can't imagine not drinking it is ingrained into my social life.

However I have been out tonight for a few beers. I know I won't touch a drop tomorrow as my wife is out with friends and I'm on childcare duty and riding Sunday morning. I'll probably share a bottle of wine with Mrs On Sunday evening and that will be me till next Friday.

I enjoy good beer and good wine to give it up.

I used to drink a huge amount in my late 20's & early 30's & I found the best way to stop was to buy a house and pass my test and get a car and ever since I dont have any money so I cant afford to drink, problem solved :okay:

There isnt much worse that I can think of than paying good money to be stuck in a traffic jam, then when your finally not in a traffic jam, your penalized for not taking long enough to get somewhere. Its far more fun to spend my money becoming a zombie than it is to spend my money becoming irate and fined.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
There isnt much worse that I can think of than paying good money to be stuck in a traffic jam, then when your finally not in a traffic jam, your penalized for not taking long enough to get somewhere. Its far more fun to spend my money becoming a zombie than it is to spend my money becoming irate and fined.

Unfortunately for my job I need a car but I am never in that much of a hurry to get anywhere that I need to get caught speeding. I did the whole drink everything & smoke everything in sight and it gets old after a while.

Top Bottom