Storage Heaters and controller problems............

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My new partners place has 3 storage heaters that are controlled by an Electratech system and a smart heat controller,we had to turn the electric off briefly and now the storage heaters won't work,the controlling system is an archaic thing from the mid eighties and there's very little information out there,would it be possible to run the storage heaters off the ring main using an individual timer for each one to come on at night??

subaqua

What’s the point
No.

Circuit would be overloaded.

Premise of all install being off peak at E7 is correct tho.

speccy1

Isn`t the e7 system on a different circuit?

My nan has economy 7 everything and has 2 separate meters, one normal one, and one economy 7. It`s not just a tripped circuit is it?

Just an idea.............

gbb

Legendary Member
classic 33 probably has the answer, power outage has maybe lost the programmer settings so it's not going to do anything until you re programme it.

OP
OP
Pennine-Paul

Pennine-Paul

Goth on a bike............
Professional Manual
http://www.pgbw.org.uk/electratech/Electratech Professional Manual.pdf
I found these 2 manuals as well unfortunately they refer to the first batch of controllers that had a membrane keyboard and a help button,mine has proper keys, 0-9 and c,w,r buttons at the bottom

Customer Guide
http://www.pgbw.org.uk/electratech/Electratech Householder Manual.pdf

classic 33 probably has the answer, power outage has maybe lost the programmer settings so it's not going to do anything until you re programme it.

All that appears on the screen is 2 rows of lcd squares,the first square is flashing and no input from the keypad appears to do anything. Nothing has tripped out,there's power to the controller in the electric cupboard and obviously power to the keypad,could a new economy 7 control system be retro fitted??

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I have economy 7 my meter has 2 outputs and 2 fuse boxes.

The storage heaters are wired to the economy 7 fuse box and they are switched on and off by a timer in the meter at certain times I cant remember the times exactly but it is something like on at midnight and off a 7am.

There is no other controller involved each storage heater is a self contained unit.

Top Bottom