Stormy day tomorrow.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Does such a thing even exist? I never seem to get one:sad:

He lies. :rolleyes:

Rasmus

Without a clever title
My commute options for tomorrow:

Walk: 50-60 minutes
Train+walk: 40 minutes, but is already canceled
Bus: 30-50 minutes, depending on luck with a transfer
Bike: 20-25 minutes into the headwind.

Guess what I'll be doing?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
When I lived in Oban, you knew it was stormy because our fat overstuffed seagulls were being blown backwards!
I visited relatives in the Oban area in 2011 just after a fierce storm. We went out on some of the local forest trails and found a lot of trees had been blown down!

Trees down after storm.jpg

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Hope it's not as bad as today.
Yes it was a stupid title for a thread :thumbsup:.
Lights are flickering on and off now, so I'm worried about getting in the (electric) shower. You just know it'll happen as soon as you've soaped up...
All trains have been cancelled until 4pm, WTF is that all about, it's not THAT bad, and supposed to be easing as the day progresses. Elfin safety brings the country to a standstill again :rolleyes:.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
It was indeed a bit windy this morning. Had to drop into the middle ring on the hybrid...

Same here, and that was going downhill!

To be fair, I did have a decent tailwind for the first 1.5 miles then it was a bit all over the place. One thing I'd miscalculated was the massive increase in braking distance when being shoved by a 50mph wind. I chose my usual braking point for a left turn and almost overshot it completely.

Lots of debris about, branches, wheelie bins etc. My biggest worry was that one of the many black plastic bags that were swirling around would land in my face, resulting in a gimp-style comedy crash.

Only saw two other cyclists on the way in and one of those was running with his bike.

GC

asterix

Comrade Member
Yes it was a stupid title for a thread :thumbsup:.
Lights are flickering on and off now, so I'm worried about getting in the (electric) shower. You just know it'll happen as soon as you've soaped up...
All trains have been cancelled until 4pm, WTF is that all about, it's not THAT bad, and supposed to be easing as the day progresses. Elfin safety brings the country to a standstill again :rolleyes:.

Mrs A returning with daughter from a visit to Halifax right now, she was was not looking forward to the journey when she called.

GaryA

Subversive Sage
I normally ride into work every day by motorcycle but I chickened out and got the metro today...I doubt if I would have got across the Tyne Bridge in one piece :ph34r:

our uni has a damaged roof so I made the right decision.

Top Bottom