Stormy day tomorrow.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yes, you have missed something. It is Kingston-upon-Hull, Hull being the river upon which Kingston is. The Humber is an Estuary into which the Hull flows.
I'd wondered about that!

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Lucky lorry driver of the day:

article_img.jpg

His lorry was blown onto the crash barrier of the Friarton Bridge outside Perth. The drop below needs no explanation. I used to drive a curtain sided trailer over that bridge almost every working day. If the trailer was carrying a light load, it was a scary experience in any kind of wind.
Having said that, you could divert through Perth town centre if you had any concerns, but the driver of the above lorry might not have known that.

Yes, you have missed something. It is Kingston-upon-Hull, Hull being the river upon which Kingston is. The Humber is an Estuary into which the Hull flows.
thank you...:thumbsup: geography never was my strong point and I only have a godmother living there...
probably not that different from me getting "annoyed" at people saying Newcastle as though there is only one of them (spent some of my childhood in the other one!)

Lucky lorry driver of the day:

article_img.jpg

His lorry was blown onto the crash barrier of the Friarton Bridge outside Perth. The drop below needs no explanation. I used to drive a curtain sided trailer over that bridge almost every working day. If the trailer was carrying a light load, it was a scary experience in any kind of wind.
Having said that, you could divert through Perth town centre if you had any concerns, but the driver of the above lorry might not have known that.

Not as dangerous as it looks, if the lorry toppled over simply wait till just before impact and JUMP as high as you can.

Did you enjoy Australia then? :tongue:
:rofl:
nah - the mines in Staffordshire don't run that deep!

Arch

Married to Night Train
[QUOTE 2806122, member: 9609"]Not only did I hear that last night, I also thought of @Arch when the phrase "Hurricane Force 12" was uttered.

edit; repeated here on bbc iPlayer link "40 seconds in". Now if that doesn't float your boat, what will ?
and all done in a beautiful scottish accent...[/quote]

Aw, thanks!

Can't get it to play on my old laptop, will try the phone later. I love your homemade anemometer (is that the right word?) by the way!

It was a bit blowy in York today, spent a bit of time chasing recycling down the streets, and I could feel the little electric truck struggling when she headed into the wind, it was like a constant uphill. But all in all, it could have been worse.

asterix

Comrade Member
5587614-large.jpg

Victoria Dock Hull about 20 mins ago, courtesy Hull Daily Mail. Flood defences seem to be doing their stuff and police are saying it's up to residents if they leave. HW 3 minutes ago.

Top Bottom