Strange Road Signs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
And signs with a green circle are advisory only. They have no legal enforcement, and do not override the ones with the red circle (or the NSL) sign, which indicate the legal limit.

I never knew that signs with a green circle were a thing. That's not surprising because I, along with a significant proportion of the population, am unlikely to be able to distinguish them from those with a green circle.

So if they are a thing, it's a pretty stupid thing.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
9¾ is, as any child or Harry Potter fan knows, is the 'secret' platform at Kings Cross railway station.. Toot Toot

HTH

Alex321

Veteran
I never knew that signs with a green circle were a thing. That's not surprising because I, along with a significant proportion of the population, am unlikely to be able to distinguish them from those with a green circle.

So if they are a thing, it's a pretty stupid thing.

They aren't a thing on the roads generally.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Don’t think this one has been in before.

56FAAFEF-B1FD-46F1-A9D3-E87025E61D90.png

figbat

Slippery scientist

This is pretty much standard practice on one route I use. There is a clear demarcation of which side is for cycles and which for walking, but people almost always walk in the cycle lane, meaning I have to take to the footway to avoid them. In fact the other day I was berated by a pedestrian, who was walking in the cycle way, who told me I should be riding on the road.

CharleyFarley

This is pretty much standard practice on one route I use. There is a clear demarcation of which side is for cycles and which for walking, but people almost always walk in the cycle lane, meaning I have to take to the footway to avoid them. In fact the other day I was berated by a pedestrian, who was walking in the cycle way, who told me I should be riding on the road.

There are two combination pedestrian/cycle paths, here, and pedestrians are often in the cycle path. The arrows also point the direction you're supposed to go because it's one way on one of the tracks, but I've come face to face with cyclists. It's like they are totally stupid or just don't care.

presta

Guru

When I'm walking I generally gravitate toward the left, and can't remember which side is which.

Top Bottom