Strange Road Signs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlanW

Guru
I have no idea.. The photo isn't one I took.

Ive just done some investigation; and it was Cannock Chase.

In November 1969 the AA did a "Drive to plant a tree" campaign, which took part around a number of locations around the UK. One such location was Cannock Chase.

By chance an AA employee was walking in Cannock Chase and came across the sign and asked if it could be refurbed as it was looking a little worse for wear. But to be fair it had been erected for 51 years!

See before and after.

Before.jpg

After.jpg

The temporary sign was erected as people were reporting that the original sign had been stolen.

Im pleased to say that it has since been returned to the original location, ready for the next 51 years.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Ive just done some investigation; and it was Cannock Chase.

In November 1969 the AA did a "Drive to plant a tree" campaign, which took part around a number of locations around the UK. One such location was Cannock Chase.

By chance an AA employee was walking in Cannock Chase and came across the sign and asked if it could be refurbed as it was looking a little worse for wear. But to be fair it had been erected for 51 years!

See before and after.

View attachment 687134

View attachment 687135

The temporary sign was erected as people were reporting that the original sign had been stolen.

Im pleased to say that it has since been returned to the original location, ready for the next 51 years.

Top investigate work there!! 👌

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
EFD7F613-362A-4DF6-BBEB-2A16DE0A2A3B.jpeg

This sign has appeared on one of my *regular routes *I did wonder how many collisions there have been before the borough council decided this sign was required .
* That’s cycling never crossed that junction driving .

UphillSlowly

Making my way slowly uphill
20230523_122142.jpg

A sign (not strictly a road sign) that I pass quite frequently on one of the quiet back lanes. Baffling!

View attachment 691070

A sign (not strictly a road sign) that I pass quite frequently on one of the quiet back lanes. Baffling!
Given the nonsensical hysteria propagated by the anti-vaxx community about vaccinations, it's a perfectly reasonable sign to erect in the hope that at least some prospective thieves might be put off nicking the sheep, and/or prospective buyers of said nicked meat dissuaded from buying it. And it adds a bit of humour into the often-thankless and stressful job of being a livestock farmer, where the products, assets and investments of their business, of necessity wander about all over the place, which the products of Mr Kiplings Cake Factory never do ... imagine going for a walk somewhere, where freshly-baked battenbergs are all around you wherever you go!

There are about 20 different vaccines available for sheep but none of them make a sheep's meat unfit for human consumption, AFAIK!

Top Bottom