Strange stuff kids do. You were a kid. We know.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Anyone remember spud guns?

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
When young probably 10 or 11, we used to walk through a train tunnel must have been 1/4 mile or more. When the steam trains came through we would jump in the pigeon holes. Then there where air gun fights over scout park. We where not scouts. Lots of buiding soap boxes and building bikes from parts we found over the local scrap heap. Never had BMXs back then. But i have a couple now. Still looking for an idiot for me to jump over.🤣🤣At 69 am still doing silly stuff, how i made it to that age is beyond me.😂
Lots of other stupid stuff aswel.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Quite simple. Out in waste land where you could mostly hide. You fired stones from your catapult at others. If you got hit you were out. Last one standing was winner.
I bought a catapult and tried to use it to fire a stone at a tin can about 30 metres away... Unfortunately, the stone hit my thumb instead! :headshake::cry:

OP
OP
Cycling_Samurai

Cycling_Samurai

Fired bottle rockets at people's doorways and hid. There doors were metal and nothing ever got burnt. Almost everyone who was attacked was highly upset by the experience of sitting in their livingroom or just getting their babies asleep then Bam! Thundered at their doorstep.

Not at trains or anything just because they flew. Not far though and the term flew is slightly optimistic.

More like... *SPLAT*

:crazy:

Stealing eggs from the grocers shop, hiding them for a couple of months then putting them back.

Stripping the lead from the roof of our class in junior school.

Putting a lighted cloth in the petrol tank of what we thought were abandoned cars and lorries.

I was easily led, but luckily matured by the age of 10 after the local Bobby had a word with my Dad.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Airfix models that I spent ages building then thought if it exploded it would look real. Firework inserted, lit and plane lobbed off the railway bridge. Stupid but fun.
A boyhood pal made loads of Airfix planes and suspended them from his bedroom ceiling. Unfortunately, they were all destroyed by enemy anti-aircraft fire. (From an air rifle gun emplacement under his bed... :laugh:)

His dad wasn't impressed by the 'shrapnel damage' to the ceiling... :whistle:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Oh dear...

All I ever did was fizz around on my very secondhand metallic red shopper bike and pretend I was driving a Toleman / Renault / Brabham and winning the British Grand Prix... :blush:

Yeah, but you're a girl! :laugh: The rough & tumble and sometimes downright stupid stuff was mostly done by us boys, when I was a kid. The girls mostly kept out of our way and left us to get the cuts and bruises by ourselves. They did still all ride bikes though, just generally not in quite such a reckless fashion as we did. They weren't usually so keen on performing ramp jumps as boys, especially if it was their turn to lie down and be jumped over.

Yeah, but you're a girl! :laugh: The rough & tumble and sometimes downright stupid stuff was mostly done by us boys, when I was a kid. The girls mostly kept out of our way and left us to get the cuts and bruises by ourselves. They did still all ride bikes though, just generally not in quite such a reckless fashion as we did. They weren't usually so keen on performing ramp jumps as boys, especially if it was their turn to lie down and be jumped over.

Heh, well I went to an all-girls school from the age of seven and have no siblings, so my knowledge of boys was, erm, not great. :blush:

Top Bottom