Strange stuff kids do. You were a kid. We know.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Did you try the 2x1 piece of wood bolted to the body as a handbrake? Me too, pointless wasn't it.

Wood block braking wasn't generally very efficient. Usually what stopped you the quickest was crashing into something or having your axle come loose and skew sideways. Go karting was actually quite a hazardous activity when I think about it. :eek:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Which moves us onto tree climbing then trying to get to the next tree on increasingly thin and bendy branches.
A friend of mine had a friend who tried something like that but failed. Unfortunately, fatally! :sad:

One of my schoolmates disappeared up into the foliage of a huge tree and popped his head out from the top of the tree a couple of minutes later. He got down ok, but it freaked me out just witnessing it.

OP
OP
Cycling_Samurai

Cycling_Samurai

The only thing left original on my Merida is the Frame, Forks and seat post haha I like the frame.

it’s got 105 R7000 now it’s way better than the 5800 in my opinion.

With some cash I saved on fuel during lockdown I got some handmade DCR wheels, best thing I ever did.

Sure possible I went overboard but who cares the bike puts a smile on my face every time.

I may replace the frame in a few years, been looking at Reilly Ti frames as they are relatively local to me.
Plus of course the one familiar to students throughout history. Push your mate in a supermarket trolley and find some steps for them to descend as you laugh...
Talking of which. The rope swing into the deep part of a river. If you let go at the right point!
Or the branch wasn't as strong as it looked.
I'm surprised that we are even alive today and in mostly perfect working order! You totally reminded me of the grocery cart down the hill stunt. We kept doing it no matter how many times we got hurt. We only stopped because the cart broke and we got into trouble for stealing the cart.

Fortunately our river was never that dangerous.

OP
OP
Cycling_Samurai

Cycling_Samurai

Did others build ramps in the road and try and jump over their mates? Down the woods we also had names for all the jumps like the camels hump or cliff drop etc. Happy days.
We never did that with bikes. We would do the running jump thing until someone got hurt. Then we'd do it again the next day.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
When I was a youngster, many moons ago, I remembered what mummy & daddy had told me.
Don't poke fingers or things into the wall sockets as they have electricity inside. I had a vague thought a few years later something wrapped around some wire and poked in the electrical holes would be fine...

Tin foil milk bottle tops was probably not the best insulation idea of the day!

🤯💥🤯

OP
OP
Cycling_Samurai

Cycling_Samurai

When I was a youngster, many moons ago, I remembered what mummy & daddy had told me.
Don't poke fingers or things into the wall sockets as they have electricity inside. I had a vague thought a few years later something wrapped around some wire and poked in the electrical holes would be fine...

Tin foil milk bottle tops was probably not the best insulation idea of the day!

🤯💥🤯
I just used a copper wire and pretended like I didn't know what was going on when the power went out in the flat.😛

keithmac

Guru
There was a disused car park near us, someone had built ramps out of oil drums (205l) and plywood.

4 people would lay down at the other side and everyone would jump and (hopefully!) clear the people.

How no-one died is anyones guess, I did the jumps but not man enough to lay down!.

Spent all out time there, would be shut down in no time nowadays (sad really).

OP
OP
Cycling_Samurai

Cycling_Samurai

I used to put my pants on over my trousers, tie the arms of my coat around my neck to make a cape and pretend to be Superman. The last time that I did it was when I jumped off the top of a wardrobe and tried to fly.
My friends and I would pretend to be paratroopers and jump off the highest tree branches we could find. I remember my feet hurting.

Top Bottom