strange thing happened

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
i went on a bike ride couple of weeks ago without cycle computer and seemed to enjoy the ride alot more, think it was because i was not bothered what speed i was going or distance i have been etc i was just out riding.

this has surprised me somewhat since i usually like the techy things.

however i did go for a bike ride the other day with my phone using endomondo but i couldn't see the phone as it was in my pocket, enjoyed it just as much.

stewie griffin

Über Member
i went on a bike ride couple of weeks ago without cycle computer and seemed to enjoy the ride alot more, think it was because i was not bothered what speed i was going or distance i have been etc i was just out riding.

this has surprised me somewhat since i usually like the techy things.

however i did go for a bike ride the other day with my phone using endomondo but i couldn't see the phone as it was in my pocket, enjoyed it just as much.

Reminds me of this http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/return-to-riding-just-for-the-pleasure-of-it.104214/ from a few weeks back.
Yep, I think it's all too easy to get caught up in the distance/time/speed thing with nearly everyone having a cycle computer, using it to decide if one has had a "good" ride or not.
Sometimes it should be just about enjoying riding.
:bicycle:

Top Bottom