Strange what chickens can do!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
One of the restaurants we had a meal in, it was called: "Chicken on a bike."
SAM_2295.JPG

D

Deleted member 26715

Ring the DVLA they seem to employ a lot of them

Globalti

Legendary Member
Our neighbour has chickens and the crowing cock is quite irritating. I'm thinking of printing a recipe for coq au vin and slipping it through their letter box, maybe they'll get the message.

classic33

Leg End Member
Our neighbour has chickens and the crowing cock is quite irritating. I'm thinking of printing a recipe for coq au vin and slipping it through their letter box, maybe they'll get the message.
Try a small collar for it.
Purchase or make a rooster collar. A Rooster collar limits the airflow to a rooster’s voice box, which reduces the volume of his crows. You can purchase a rooster collar or make your own.

To make your own collar you will need double-sided Velcro. The velcro should be 2 inches wide. Cut a 6 to 8 inch piece of velcro. Adhere the back sides of the velcro to each other.

https://m.wikihow.com/Stop-a-Rooster-from-Crowing

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
It's not so much the crowing at dawn that is irritating, it's the practicing from 3 a.m. on that I object to. In our town, I believe you can have up to three hens, and no rooster.

Top Bottom