Strava 2015 KOM

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Diggs

Diggs

Veteran
Trouble is it's getting a bit confusing with the 2015 PBs vs all time PBS as well (now I've done two rides this year) although the crowns are drifting off.
I'm assuming I'll get faster once the roads dry out and the lighter bike comes out.
I suppose it keeps more people interested, let's face it I'm hardly going to take any real KOMs off Alex Dowsett round here

Most of the idiots round here aren't doing it on push bikes anyway. Loads of 27 mph up a 12% hill etc. etc. I got a few crowns today, but that isn't what I do it for anyway. I just want the routes mapped, and the Calorie burn recorded.

mrbikerboy73

Über Member
All a bit confusing and unnecessary really. My phone shows all the new crowns etc but the same ride on my Ipad doesn't. I updated the phone app yesterday so I'm leaving the ipad as it is for now.

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
Might be good to kom for about a day lol...but I think I'll be turning notifications off....Some very very quick riders round my way

NorvernRob

Lol I went out this morning, did my 19.3 mile/1050ft training loop (first time I've been out in 3 weeks) and was absolutely shocking. I was doing it in 60-61 minutes a couple of months ago, today it took me 75 minutes, 25% slower! My legs were like lead the whole way around.

I still got some KOM though, they'll only last until a 5 year old with Strava does the same segments!

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Was wondering how this would pan out with the changes, makes it a bit less boring and as the year goes on and it drys out the super lightweight will be out and then the after burners will switch on :biggrin: . Can`t wait till Monday to see what KOMs I get lol, need to get out before my wee neighbour lol

NorvernRob

I actually think it's a really good idea. I've done my training loop so many times in the last year it's now really difficult to beat any of my segment PB's unless conditions are favourable, the new 2015 achievements give me something more realistic to aim for each time out.

bpsmith

Veteran
It doesn't work properly. I reckon only about half of the cups show up.
Totally concur. I did my first 2015 ride on Sunday so, in theory, all of the segments should have had a PB for 2015 at the very least. There were 31 trophies and about 20 segments with nothing. Some of the trophies were 2nd best ones, the overall version, Nd some where the filter says I am top 10 This Year, show with no such trophy. Nice idea. Shame it's so flawed!

Even more of a fail, is not being able to see a 2015 leaderboard.

NorvernRob

Totally concur. I did my first 2015 ride on Sunday so, in theory, all of the segments should have had a PB for 2015 at the very least. There were 31 trophies and about 20 segments with nothing. Some of the trophies were 2nd best ones, the overall version, Nd some where the filter says I am top 10 This Year, show with no such trophy. Nice idea. Shame it's so flawed!

Even more of a fail, is not being able to see a 2015 leaderboard.

You can see a 2015 leaderboard. Just click on 'filter' and you can pick the last week/month/current year

bpsmith

Veteran
You can see a 2015 leaderboard. Just click on 'filter' and you can pick the last week/month/current year
That's always been available, but sadly doesn't actually show the full data. Much like the Trophies issue for 2015 rides. A few people did the same ride on Sunday and got Top 10 2015 Trophies, but don't show when I filter to This Year. Their times haven't been beaten, as their time would sit in the Top 10 even now. Strange really!

Top Bottom