Strava 2015 KOM

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
That's always been available, but sadly doesn't actually show the full data. Much like the Trophies issue for 2015 rides. A few people did the same ride on Sunday and got Top 10 2015 Trophies, but don't show when I filter to This Year. Their times haven't been beaten, as their time would sit in the Top 10 even now. Strange really!

This has been an issue for around 6 months. I reckon Strava has got too big for itself.

zizou

Veteran
It was a bit annoying at first but now it has become a total pain in the arse, not just cluttering up my own ride stats but also my feed. I used to click on the rides of friends who would get a KOM or PB - not just to check out the competition (although there was that too :biggrin: ) but also out of general interest if they'd had a good ride.

Judging by the comments on strava and social media it has certainly divided the userbase so it would be good to have an option to turn off what appears in the feed should one choose to do so.

I don't know what's preferable, being the hound or the hare. I've been both so far this year. Most of my 16 or so KOM's of 2015 are still intact, the one's that have gone are still easily recapturable. It's a bit of a mare, because part of me really doesn't give a rat's backside, another mischievous bit of me is telling me to go and wind up the Stavanauts round my way, by attempting to just edge their KOM out by a little bit, and the biggest mischievous part of me is telling me to go absolutely balls out on some of the shorter segments in my locale, then sit back and see who try's to 'beat' the KOM :laugh:

bpsmith

Veteran
I don't know what's preferable, being the hound or the hare. I've been both so far this year. Most of my 16 or so KOM's of 2015 are still intact, the one's that have gone are still easily recapturable. It's a bit of a mare, because part of me really doesn't give a rat's backside, another mischievous bit of me is telling me to go and wind up the Stavanauts round my way, by attempting to just edge their KOM out by a little bit, and the biggest mischievous part of me is telling me to go absolutely balls out on some of the shorter segments in my locale, then sit back and see who try's to 'beat' the KOM :laugh:
The funny thing is, you separate yourself from the "stravanauts", but you're doing the same thing and they are probably typing the same thing on the forum that they use. ;)

iamRayRay

Quads of Steel
Completely agree, some must be done on a Moped or something.

Last night, clear roads, pre midnight to pick up wife and toodle home. Full pace for 2 miles. 5th Best and 3rd Best. 30mph+ up a hill... yeah sure mate

Top Bottom