Strava and your mobile phone.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
As usual, I always set up Strava when I go for a ride and this afternoon was no exception, except for one thing. Usually, the phone stays in my back pocket until I am back home and then I stop Strava, Today, I decided to take a photo with my phone because the scenery was worth it but when I got back home, Strava had stopped working so I lost the record of this ride, Is that a common thing to happen if you use your phone for photographic purposes? I have answered calls before on a ride but it didn't affect Strava.
My ride is not entirely lost by the way as my Garmin was on too and I did a manual record on Strava from it too.

Venod

Eh up
My ride is not entirely lost by the way as my Garmin was on too and I did a manual record on Strava from it too

Just curios, why do you record on your ride on your phone and on the Garmin, is it a belt and braces thing in case of failure of the Garmin.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
My ride, today, also failed to upload from my Wahoo, to Strava.
RWGPS, however, uploaded it automatically, though..

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Just curios, why do you record on your ride on your phone and on the Garmin, is it a belt and braces thing in case of failure of the Garmin.
Probably because I can see information right in front of me on the bike with Garmin and read Strava when I get home.

Venod

Eh up
Probably because I can see information right in front of me on the bike with Garmin and read Strava when I get home.
I have Garmin Connect on my phone and it uploads to Strava, my phone is connected to my Garmin and at the end of the ride when I press save it uploads to Garmin Connect and Strava automatically, this is with a Garmin 530.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Just link your Garmin account to Strava as per the link and it'll automatically upload after the ride - I find the Garmin more reliable than when I was using the Strava app to record (as you've found!) https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216918057-Garmin-and-Strava

+1, I use Garmin and Wahoo computers (not at the same time) and just sync the ride with Strava when I get home . Currently using a Wahoo Bolt and Garmin 130.

Mike_P

Guru
The Wahoo issue could be because the Strava mobile app has updated - happened to me twice , last time on Saturday, and the resolution was to delete the authorised sync in the Wahoo app and then set it up again. Just remember aside from bluetoothing the Wahoo and phone together you also for some reason need to have the phones location switched on - the latter always catches me out

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I've had three occassions recently when Wahoo hasn't immediately uploaded to Strava - it usually does as soon as it picks up the wi fi in our porch!!

I think the Strava app has been updated recently and there have been at least two Wahoo updates, one yesterday. This is probably the cause/solution.

As @Mike_P deleting the authorised sync, switch off and create new authorisation solved the issue.

D

Deleted member 1258

I often record my rides on the phone with Ride With GPS, I don't have a garmin or any other GPS device, so far its been reliable.

pawl

Legendary Member
My ride, today, also failed to upload from my Wahoo, to Strava.
RWGPS, however, uploaded it automatically, though..

I had the same problem yesterday.It partially downloaded to my I phone but not immediately toStrava.After about five minutes it downloaded to both The previous day Wahoo had done an update.Dont know if it was anything to do with that.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
@pawl Maybe logging out/in to Strava and Wahoo might reset things. I uploaded the ride file manually later with no problems.

figbat

Slippery scientist
I don't switch off my Bolt until I see the activity in Strava. If it doesn't happen straight away I open the Wahoo ELEMNT app - this then syncs the workout from the Bolt and subsequently sends it to Strava/RWGPS/Relive etc. All I have to do is open the Wahoo app, no other input required.

Top Bottom