Strava.com - for logging rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trio25

Über Member
I've joined the cycechat group as well. Just playing with this, think I will get bored when I realise how slow I am up climbs!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Oh it's addictive. Went out Saturday and re-claimed second place on one segment (wasn't going to get top place without a tail wind and a motorbike - the KOM holder is 3 mph and more faster than everyone else :wacko: ). Didn't beat my KOM for a descent - at top of tree for one descent, went for it, but was held up by cars. Did get 46 mph on the descent, which is 3 mph faster than I've done before. It's only a 5-6% descent as well.

I don't think my brother is talking to me, him and another bloke were vying for top spot on a local climb near him; as I test I took my winter bike up it the other day almost 40s faster than they'd done it. I think some folk in the club though could do it 40s faster than me!
Edit just looked somebody has matched my time, maybe I should take the summer bike up it ;-)

zizou

Veteran
I led the club ride at the weekend and intentionally avoided one of the main climbs in the area because I knew my KOM time wouldnt stand up against a couple of the mountain goats who also use strava :laugh:

I don't think my brother is talking to me, him and another bloke were vying for top spot on a local climb near him; as I test I took my winter bike up it the other day almost 40s faster than they'd done it. I think some folk in the club though could do it 40s faster than me!
Edit just looked somebody has matched my time, maybe I should take the summer bike up it ;-)

And which climb is this then , pray tell ?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Doh.

Went the long way home on the loaded fixed last night. Placed well on a couple of KOM's despite being fixed - two involve a descent and a climb. Then had a long 6% climb home, I'm second on the KOM, but riding 77" is hard work - took it steady, not going for it, then eased off at the top. Got home and I was TWO seconds off best - argh, if I handn't eased off - fixed and with a fully loaded pannier. Just shows you even climbing overgeared on a fixed is still flipping quick.

Just loaded up some of... well ok I admit it, all of my rides to Strava, for the last hour and a bit. I have two KOM's already :biggrin:

The one thing I was wondering is whether it's possible to get a list of every segment you've 'competed' in - or do I just have to spot them as and when I look over my rides? (or create my own of course)

Oh well - as I loaded a load of rides in one go was hoping there was a quick way. Nevermind! I'll be replicating all those runs over time, so I'll just see what segments are on them as and when I do them all again next time.

PS Is the 'power' estimation anywhere near correct? It seems to show me having very high power outputs.

Top Bottom