Strava compatability hr monitors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stevec047

Über Member
So as some of you may be aware Christmas is just around the corner and I was thinking as I am trying to get fitter and train up for a couple 50k or 100k rides next summer I was thinking of purchasing a hrm.

Question is I currently run Strava (the free version) which I really quite like as it does everything I need in terms of speed tracking my route and so on but I want to monitor my hr to track progress and to see what my poor excuse of a body is capable of.

Which monitors are best bearing in mind this whole process of getting fit has been done on a limited budget and which are compatability with strava running off a Samsung s5?

I really have no idea but don't want to be spending much more than £100 - £150

Wafer

Veteran
I got a Wahoo Tickr last year which seems to do the trick well enough http://uk.wahoofitness.com/devices/wahoo-tickr-heart-rate-strap-1.html
Think it took a few attempts to get it synced up with my phone (android) and Strava the first time, but since then I just strap it on and Strava finds it without doing anything.

I thought you needed Strava Premium to see the results, but can't see that's a requirement now? Either that or I decided I wanted Strava premium for something else...

Either way £50 for the tickr and £40 for a yrs Strava premium is still under your £100-150 budget :smile:

More of a curiosity for me than a particular training aid...

Jody

Stubborn git
Which monitors are best bearing in mind this whole process of getting fit has been done on a limited budget and which are compatability with strava running off a Samsung s5?

Mine was £15 from Lidl and works a treat and connects with my S3 and Note 4. Clasp is a little awkward but great value for money.

Basically any Bluetooth Smart HRM will work. There are lots of types for about £30+ that will do the job.

Top Bottom