Strava Data Issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Asking for a friend, yes, really who has an error in the data showing between his Strava phone app and the website.

The app shows one more ride than the website meaning according to the app he has ridden 65 miles further than the information on his Strava account on the web.

He records his rides using a Garmin and an Apple watch as back up.

My only thought is if he has used the Strava app to record a ride that data has failed to upload to the web site. Obviously that infers all the data is stored in the app which I don't think is correct.

D

Deleted member 26715

Has "Your Friend" not compared the rides on the App & the Web to see which ride is missing?

si_c

Guru
Nothing is stored on the app itself in the way you are thinking - it pulls the data from the Strava servers in the same way the website does but it might cache some information locally for speed. My suggestion would be reinstall the app and re-log in - Android has the option to clear the local data store which can also work, not sure about apple thingies.

If the issue persists, then contact Strava.

OP
OP
PaulSB

PaulSB

Legendary Member
We found the answer while on our coffee stop. He has a ride set on private which for some strange reason was throwing things out. Weird but solved now.

Thank you.

D

Deleted member 26715

"My Friend" has just noticed Flybys has disappeared

Milkfloat

An Peanut
"My Friend" has just noticed Flybys has disappeared
That was ages ago. Someone whinged about privacy issues, so by default they are now turned off. You can turn them back on, but very few people have done it so you won’t see many people When looking at a flyby.

D

Deleted member 26715

Clearly my "Friend" doesn't use Strava that often so hadn't noticed it, until yesterday when he & another friend must have been very close on overlapping rides & wanted to see just how close, unfortunately neither knew permission had been revoked.

Top Bottom