Strava Down?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My rides have now appeared ????

paul04

Über Member
It was working fine for me this morning, but the other day it did take about 2 hours to upload my ride, just kept saying the website is down for maintenance.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Mine took around 4 hours. Then a further 30 mins for the leaderboards to update, etc.

Worth the wait for me though, as got the KOM on that slightly hilly segment that my mate got the KOM for yesterday. ;)

Also knocked 2 seconds off the bridge sprint that my work mates go for, which puts me in joint 7th overall and joint top with 2 other guys at work. Happy days!

Mike!

Guru
Yep, mine appeared about 5.5 hrs after uploading!

I was thinking about this: strava is growing all the time; most of their users are in Europe and North America; a quick google seems to indicate it was a lovely day in many places in the Northern hemisphere.

I'd imagine that yesterday was their biggest day ever. Maybe they had to do a massive upgrade of capacity? AWS anyone?

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Strava just prompted me to connect with my Garmin Connect account on uploading today. Perhaps there is more to yesterday's outage than a simple fault!

Auto syncing between Strava and GC will be a Godsend. Did use CopyMySports for a bit, but kept losing the Elevation data from my Garmin as the sync process didn't use the .fit file and therefore Strava always overrode it with their own data. Basically because it did not know that my Garmin had the requisite barometric bits onboard.

Shall turn auto sync via GC iPhone App back on and see how it goes for the next ride. Happy days!

Top Bottom