Strava Flyby

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sackville d

Veteran
I thought that on the couple of occasions that I gained some car assisted QOM's, that I also got a message saying it was flagged and wouldn't be displayed for others to see? (When I put the pannier in the boot forgetting to turn off Strava).
You must have your Private Cheating option toggled on. It saves on shame and blushings:shy:

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Or whoever you took the Qom from took a huff and reported it

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Or whoever you took the Qom from took a huff and reported it
No it was instant the minute I uploaded it, and then you have the option to edit your track and cut out the car bit. I'm getting quite good at it. I assume that above a certain speed that it auto triggers the "I think part of this track may include a section in the car message". The funniest bit is not getting a QOM because a cyclist has gone down a hill faster than the car!:laugh:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
No it was instant the minute I uploaded it, and then you have the option to edit your track and cut out the car bit. I'm getting quite good at it. I assume that above a certain speed that it auto triggers the "I think part of this track may include a section in the car message". The funniest bit is not getting a QOM because a cyclist has gone down a hill faster than the car!:laugh:

Strava will also automatically flag your ride if you totally smash a segment. I had a segment that I was the only person to do a proper time on it, there were three or four other riders with times but they all were set where they had gone off the segment and come back on it so my time was 4 or 5 times quicker. Every time I set a PB, Strava flagged the ride as soon as I uploaded it.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Definitely crossed paths with the Velopost person yesterday, checked the Flyby this evening and sure enough he is there and our paths cross at the correct moment, same sort of pattern again:
image.jpg

Mile195

Veteran
Morning all...

I consider myself to be a reasonably intelligent person, but despite my best efforts, I cannot find a link to Flyby. I've spent a good 20 minutes looking for it!

Any one got any ideas why I might not be able to see it on any of my activities. My activities are NOT private (although they are only viewable by people I'm connected with - not sure that this should make any difference).

Thanks in advance!

Mile195

Veteran
Oooops. Don't worry. Turns out I'd opted out of flyby's.

Guess I'm not as intelligent as I thought.....

Top Bottom