strava gets data wrong

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamma

Über Member
I been at my watt bike session tonight with my garmin paired to the bike and when i have upload to strava all the data is wrong as apparently a 15 mile ride is only 2.6 miles long and the time was 50 mins but now its 30 mins and i have also tryed a manual upload same result. Has this happened before to anyone and how was it fixed. I have also submitted a support ticket to strava hoping they can fix it

S-Express

If you're being coached, you should be on Trainingpeaks, not Strava.

Yeah, if you say so.

Maybe his wording of "toy" was a little provocative. But he does have a point.

Strava is a social service aimed at the general public. To encourage fun competition and tracking some basic info with a social aspect.

TrainingPeaks is a training service aimed at competitive athletes to provide good data for performance analysis. It Has an entirely different focus.

They are 2 services aimed at 2 different potential markets. In the same way LinkedIn and Facebook are both social media sites. But have totally different target markets.

That's my opinion anyway. Courtesy of a toy user ;)

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
apparently a 15 mile ride is only 2.6 miles long

I think you'll find the ride was actually zero miles. If you're trying to analyse Wattbike sessions in terms of distance, you're looking at it in completely the wrong way. Any distance reading provided by the data is purely notional and Strava may well be interpreting the data differently to how Wattbike interprets the data.

the time was 50 mins but now its 30 mins

Is that elapsed time vs 'moving' time, perhaps?

Last edited:

mustang1

Guru

Strava is a social service aimed at the general public. To encourage fun competition and tracking some basic info with a social aspect.

TrainingPeaks is a training service aimed at competitive athletes to provide good data for performance analysis. It Has an entirely different focus.

Yeah but strava told me anyone can be an athlete, even me! So I signed right up.... :music:

400bhp

Guru

They are 2 services aimed at 2 different potential markets. In the same way LinkedIn and Facebook are both social media sites. But have totally different target markets.

Yeah, all agreed. I just couldn't be arsed with a long response.

Top Bottom