Strava Ghost Rider Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My two cycling buddies and I are all on Strava, (Hilary, Julie and me) on one of our rides Julie used Hilary's computer to log a ride we did, she logged into her own account and used her own garmin watch. but, since then Hilary cannot get her off our rides, even though Julie is not there with us she appears as the exact same ride as Hilary.....
Has anyone got any ideas as to how to get rid of our (ghost) friend (In the nicest possible way of course!!)

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Take out a contract on Julie, it's the only way.

jarlrmai

Veteran
My two cycling buddies and I are all on Strava, (Hilary, Julie and me) on one of our rides Julie used Hilary's computer to log a ride we did, she logged into her own account and used her own garmin watch. but, since then Hilary cannot get her off our rides, even though Julie is not there with us she appears as the exact same ride as Hilary.....
Has anyone got any ideas as to how to get rid of our (ghost) friend (In the nicest possible way of course!!)

Do the rides appear on Julie's Strava account when she logs in?
Was this through Garmin connect or direct to Strava?
Would you be able to attach the .fit/.gpx etc file?

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Sounds to me like Hilary's Garmin has somehow become associated with Julie's account on Hilary's computer - probably a Garmin Connect thing.

Julie probably needs to log in to her Garmin Connect account and deregister Hilary's Garmin.

Reactions: Moe
It is the new Strava facility to show stalkers

I had this problem when Mrs A's Garmin uploaded itself, without invitation, onto my Strava. I had to go through an awful lot of rides deleting the duplicates. Fortunately, I name all my rides, so I only needed to delete the ones called "Morning Ride" et al. Still took a while.

Reactions: Moe
Top Bottom