Strava Global Heat Map

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Oh dear. There isn't much of anything where I live. How surprising is that.

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
There are some odd segments on there. Bog road where animals have right of way, more potholes than road surface.

MikeG

Guru
Interesting to see the hotspots in East Anglia: Norwich and Thetford forest. Norwich being road riding, and Thetford being off-road.

I think of my area as crawling with cyclists, so considering it is showing as one of the empty spots on the map, there is either a lack of Strava/ mobile phones out here, or there some areas of Britain where cycling is happening on an immense scale.

Globalti

Legendary Member
That's got to be one of the most fascinating things I've ever seen on the web. When you go down to some of the places I frequent in Africa like Lagos or Kinshasa you can see that there's probably only one single Strava user in the city. Cape Town and Johannesburg are interesting because you can clearly see the "no-go" areas like the Cape Flats, which have a bad crime problem.

Who is the Strava used in Accra? @Cycleops ?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Herne Hill is busy for some reason?
herne hill.JPG

That's great. You can see all the mtn bike trail centres, the favoured LEJOG routes and the fact Strava isn't used much in Germany. Or France.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Strava doesn't look so popular in France but there again, France is a very un-crowded country with around double the space for roughly the same population as the UK.

Top Bottom