Strava home location

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I seem to remember a setting on strava where you can hide your start/stop location so as not to alert undesirables where you live and keep your bikes. I think it hides your location by about 50 metres. Can someone point me to where it is as i cant seem to find it?

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I seem to remember a setting on strava where you can hide your start/stop location so as not to alert undesirables where you live and keep your bikes. I think it hides your location by about 50 metres. Can someone point me to where it is as i cant seem to find it?
Settings, privacy then scroll down to hide your house/office on your activity maps.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
It’s in the Steeings - Privacy section.

You can set up several overlapping zones to extend the Privacy area, plus zones around other places, like friends you ride with, and work.

I think you have to do it on laptop/ PC rather than the phone app.

Edit: Beaten to it by Mo..

OP
OP
Broughtonblue
Ha thanks folks, just tried on my tablet app and got this, website it is then , cheers
Screenshot_20180422-102347.jpg

PeteXXX

I don’t know if you can create the zones from that page.
Same page on the PC will work though.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I would also not start recording till at least 1/2-1 mile from your house. Do not enter any details of bikes other than say road bike, mtn bike. The less data Strava knows about your home location and the gear the better. It cannot be hacked then.

pawl

Legendary Member
DPD sent me an e mail asking me to update my profile to include a photograph of y house so that the drivers could identify the delivery address. No chance.

Probably off topic but does show how easy it is to inadvertently give away your location.to thel light fingered brigade

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I would have thought that 50 metres isn't really far enough? If you did enough rides you would end up with something like the map below, and it wouldn't be hard to guess that you lived where the green arrow is pointing!

Strava guess.gif

PeteXXX

Do several overlapping zones but don't include your own postcode.
Also, as has been said, start your ride away from home by a few hundred yards and don't tell everybody what kit you have.

Alan O

Über Member
I would have thought that 50 metres isn't really far enough? If you did enough rides you would end up with something like the map below, and it wouldn't be hard to guess that you lived where the green arrow is pointing!

View attachment 405466
It's not fixed at 50 metres - you can choose the size of the zone up to 1km (and your location is not centered in it).

Top Bottom