Strava January distance challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
With a rush of blood to the head i signed up for this, expecting to be able to specify the distance I was challenging myself to do. I can't find a way to do that. The support pages don't help at all. Could some kind soul explain how these distance challenges work please? 500 Km in the month is what I want to do in Jan.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Are you thinking it might be ‘a long day in the saddle’ or their Gran fondo badge? If it’s that it’s 100km or more.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
1577559429318.png

OP
OP
graham bowers
Are you thinking it might be ‘a long day in the saddle’ or their Gran fondo badge? If it’s that it’s 100km or more.
I'm working up to doing 100 Km rides again and hope to be there by the end of Jan. Hope to be doing 100 mile rides by the end of March. I'm at about 60 Km at the moment. I just don't get how the Jan challenge works, to be honest. Hopefully this thread will result in some clarity. Otherwise I'll can it and do my own thing.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Don't worry about it- you only get the badge if you do 1250km in the month. I've signed up for that one pretty every month, and only had a handful of monthly mileages long enough to complete. You don't get 'Failed' appearing on your feed or anything :smile:

Last edited:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I'm working up to doing 100 Km rides again and hope to be there by the end of Jan. Hope to be doing 100 mile rides by the end of March. I'm at about 60 Km at the moment. I just don't get how the Jan challenge works, to be honest. Hopefully this thread will result in some clarity. Otherwise I'll can it and do my own thing.

You could join the Gran Fondo challenge, that is 100km in one ride.

OP
OP
graham bowers
Don't worry about it- you only get the badge if you do 1250km in the month. I've signed up for that one pretty every month, and only had a handful of monthy mileages long enough to complete. You don't get 'Failed' appearing on your feed or anything :smile:
Thanks. I understand now. I'm not competitive at all in the usual sense however am committed to a couple of longish tours in 2020 so need to get some miles in.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
If you pay for Strava Summit you can set personal goals, but me being from Yorkshire I'm on the free version :laugh:, so not sure how the personal goals work

CXRAndy

Guru
1250 km ~780miles. That's 20 rides of 40 miles distance
5 rides a week

Unless you're commuting a fair chunk, its a long way to notch up in one month.

Top Bottom