Strava Kudos?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
I hesitated to post this, as I know Strava bores some to tears, but if you don't ask, you will never know. I only use the free version for my own use to make sure I'm putting in some effort during my commute rides. All of a sudden, I have guys from Mexico and Brazil sending me "Kudos" messages almost the second I complete them. I really don't know why, or what I'm meant to do with them. Is there a code of conduct where I'm supposed to reply, or is it just a thing to attempt to increase their own following?

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
It means you are getting noticed, keep up the good work and you will soon have followers from all four corners of the world.

If you don't know them then leave alone;I get loads from bods I don't know from all over the world(South Africa,the US,Eastern Europe and Australia).

Some people are just giving out to advertise something, some seem to do it at random,some are following similar bods(pro's like Ten Dam,Kwiatkowski etc) and others are in similar groups or clubs(Bike Radar seems a regular one).

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Oh yes, kudos spammers...I get quite a few. What bemuses me is that they tend to ignore the big stuff and award all the teeny rides. The actual riding buddies will give kudos for just the big stuff, or for everything...

I hesitated to post this, as I know Strava bores some to tears, but if you don't ask, you will never know. I only use the free version for my own use to make sure I'm putting in some effort during my commute rides. All of a sudden, I have guys from Mexico and Brazil sending me "Kudos" messages almost the second I complete them. I really don't know why, or what I'm meant to do with them. Is there a code of conduct where I'm supposed to reply, or is it just a thing to attempt to increase their own following?
Have you ever looked at some of the 'leaderboards'? Ever wondered how some of these monkeys get 700000 ft of climbing ( or whatever ) done well inside the month? Well if you 'follow' the random 'Kudos-er' they can use your numbers ( with a software hack ). This is why you'll find random Kudos, normally if your numbers are good.

Drago

Legendary Member
It means they 'like' you in your lycra.

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
I don't think my numbers would justify hacking an account for, it's only really commutes I use it for and just enjoy the weekend stuff. Whatever the real reason, there is enough warnings on here for me to leave well alone.

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
They must have some kind of app or other to send it automagically, as some of it comes the same second I upload my ride.

Top Bottom