Strava - merging activities

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GetFatty

Über Member
Not sure if anyone can help with this. I have an Elite turbo trainer and Bkool running on my iPad. This works ok and Bkool controls the trainer. However I also have a Garmin Fenix which measures my heart rate. They both share data with Strava but it appears as two sessions, is it possible to combine them?

My Fenix is Bluetooth linked to my iPhone rather than my iPad.

Any ideas? Or should I just get a chest hr monitor and link it to Bkool?

Jonjay

Über Member
I’m fairly sure this can’t be done. I wanted to do something similar by recording HR with Apple Watch and main ride on Garmin. Everything I’ve read suggests you can’t, you either have to keep both or lose one.

OP
OP
G

GetFatty

Über Member
I’m fairly sure this can’t be done. I wanted to do something similar by recording HR with Apple Watch and main ride on Garmin. Everything I’ve read suggests you can’t, you either have to keep both or lose one.
Oh well. I currently keep the garmin result in Garmin connect and delete it from strava

Milkfloat

An Peanut
In future you can set your Fenix in ‘broadcast’ mode. This will broadcast your heartrate to bkool . Just be aware that wrist based heart rate whilst cycling is pretty useless.

OP
OP
G

GetFatty

Über Member
In future you can set your Fenix in ‘broadcast’ mode. This will broadcast your heartrate to bkool . Just be aware that wrist based heart rate whilst cycling is pretty useless.
What I’m wary of is I believe the Fenix has the ability to control the trainer and I want to avoid that

It is definitely possible but it is a bit of faff. You need to export the two activities and then upload them to a third party application that splices the data points together.

https://www.fitfiletools.com/

I can't make any claims about the quality of the output, and you'll probably have to delete them from strava before uploading the merged file.

It is definitely possible but it is a bit of faff. You need to export the two activities and then upload them to a third party application that splices the data points together.

https://www.fitfiletools.com/

I can't make any claims about the quality of the output, and you'll probably have to delete them from strava before uploading the merged file.
I've used that tool a few times, its perfect with Strava but won't upload to Garmin. Ive only used the file merger to merge a split ride together though. Say at a cafe stop when I've accidently saved a 1st ride and had to start a new 2nd ride. I've merged the 1st and 2nd ride together to form one file and it syncs easily to Strava. I've no idea how or if the tool can handle parallel files like the OP.

Last edited:
Top Bottom