Strava now Officially Syncs with Garmin Connect!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
Strava just prompted me to connect with my Garmin Connect account on uploading today. Perhaps there is more to yesterday's outage than a simple fault!

Auto syncing between Strava and GC will be a Godsend. Did use CopyMySports for a bit, but kept losing the Elevation data from my Garmin as the sync process didn't use the .fit file and therefore Strava always overrode it with their own data. Basically because it did not know that my Garmin had the requisite barometric bits onboard.

Shall turn auto sync via GC iPhone App back on and see how it goes for the next ride. Happy days!

Just thought I would give a heads up to those who use both devices.

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
About bleedin' time.

400bhp

Guru
Does it work either way?

Strava -> Garmin

Garmin -> Strava

I got a message that I ignored when I uploaded to strava earlier. Perhaps I should have paid more attention to what it said.

uclown2002

Guru
Does it work either way?

Strava -> Garmin

Garmin -> Strava

I got a message that I ignored when I uploaded to strava earlier. Perhaps I should have paid more attention to what it said.
Think it's only G->S
I accepted auto sync but gave up after 15 mins .
I'll try again tomorrow.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I got the message but decided it wasn't for me . I like to give strava a miss now and then as it seems like another job I have to do . I like having my rides on the garmin site so I can look back if I wish too . No idea why .

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Anybody know if it syncs with private activities and then does it retain a private status in strava?

It only sync's new activities, not old ones.

If you set Garmin to be by default private, you could quickly test if Strava sets them as private too.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Anybody know if it syncs with private activities and then does it retain a private status in strava?

I think it said that only public stuff sync's across.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
A few links confirm the feature on Google News. No great fanfare though. Will test mine when I get a chance.

Top Bottom