Strava Oops

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnno260

Veteran
While a fair number of QOMs are held by women unfortunate enough to be named John or Pete or Simon...

wow some people’s parents are cruel! haha

On a serious note, people are that desperate to be top they list themselves as female?

I was over the moon with an overall 3rd and 4th spot.

vickster

Legendary Member
wow some people’s parents are cruel! haha

On a serious note, people are that desperate to be top they list themselves as female?

I was over the moon with an overall 3rd and 4th spot.
Desperate or unable to tick the right gender box when registering...?

Johnno260

Veteran
It’s one of the reasons I don’t check the overall rankings often, you don’t know what you’re competing against.

Only reason I checked when I got a 4th and 3rd spot was the shock I made it into a top 10

Changing it around slightly, I once saw a KOM on a stretch that I did and thought they they must have done it in a car, it was something like 30mph up a hill! So, being devilish, I did the same stretch in my car ensuring that I was just a little bit over the bogus time. I did my "run" in the morning by afternoon, I had lost the KOM to the original owner - in a car I would guess lol

Johnno260

Veteran
Changing it around slightly, I once saw a KOM on a stretch that I did and thought they they must have done it in a car, it was something like 30mph up a hill! So, being devilish, I did the same stretch in my car ensuring that I was just a little bit over the bogus time. I did my "run" in the morning by afternoon, I had lost the KOM to the original owner - in a car I would guess lol

lol people really get that obsessive?

I just use it to mainly check my own times, I get faster means I’m getting fitter or improving on a section.

The Beacon has saved me twice when I had issues and the wife came to the rescue.

I reckon they are that obsessive. Like you, I use it to see if I am getting faster. And most of the time I have no idea where the segments are and I want it to stay that way. I want to enjoy my cycling and not have a device telling me there`s a segment coming up

Ivo

No chance for crowns in my area, there are a couple of dozen pro's living here, they own about all the KOM's (except for the motorised ones)

Top Bottom