Strava Payment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JhnBssll

Veteran
By chance I had two emails arrive one after another a few weeks back telling me I'd paid my Strava Summit subscription. This piqued my interest so instead of deleting them I had a quick scan read of them both. I'm glad I did as the first told me I'd paid for my annual subs and the next told me I'd paid for my monthly subs :wacko:

On checking it seems when I started paying annually via Paypal last January they never stopped my monthly Google Play payments so I've been paying twice for 13 months :dry: This obviously peeved me a bit and after checking my account I totalled up £84.37 is owed to me.

I contacted them on the 10th Jan about this and to date all I've received is an automated "Sorry for the wait" email on the 15th. Since then another week has passed and still no response from an actual live human :thumbsdown: Has anyone got any experience of Strava customer support? It seems there are either very few of them, or a lot of people have suddenly realised they've been overcharged :laugh:

Anyway, worth a quick check if you've ever swapped from paying monthly to annually or vice versa as you may be paying twice too :ohmy::okay:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Talk to Paypal.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I've only ever got in touch with their support once about something (not subscription issues) and they got back within a week.
I did get an automated response within a minute, though.
Good luck!

lazyfatgit

I had a similar issue when I tried to modify the options when they changed to summit. Took a week or so and a couple of emails before they just cancelled subscription and refunded. Was told to resubscribe with my new selwction of options. Took ages for the refund to appear.

gbs

Guru
It seems to me that this may be a common problem with the internet based new businesses:
1. somehow I had two separate subscriptions with Netflix. With effort I negotiated a pertial refund from Paypal but was told to refer the balance, over £100, to European HQ of Netflix. I have not received a response to either of my two letters
2. Amazon have failed to deliver two small value items but do not respond to my claims.
3. I had an inadvertent subscription to Amazon Prime; several telephone calls were required to achieve a promise of refund. PS that customer helpline service has now been suspended

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
I waited a few more days after starting this thread and then posted publicly on their facebook page and tagged them in. Magicly the next day I awoke to 14 emails - 1 from Strava apologising for the error and promising to refund the money and 13 from Google Play, each a refund for a monthly payment. Funny that :laugh: Anyway, all resolved now so that's all that matters :okay:

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I waited a few more days after starting this thread and then posted publicly on their facebook page and tagged them in. Magicly the next day I awoke to 14 emails - 1 from Strava apologising for the error and promising to refund the money and 13 from Google Play, each a refund for a monthly payment. Funny that :laugh: Anyway, all resolved now so that's all that matters :okay:
Glad you got your money back.

screenman

Legendary Member
The bit that gets me is it took you 13 months to realize, scammers delight I would imagine. Worth checking more often.

Top Bottom