Strava route to iphone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Berk on a Bike

Veteran

LouiseSJPP

Formerly Errecaldia
A slight aside: does anyone know if it's a bad idea or not to strap a smart phone to the handlebars? Do phones survive the shaking? I've been struggling to get to grips with my Garmin, and look at my phone sitting there, loaded up with IGN and open source maps, ready to rock'n'roll (used for nav while hill-walking). It would be a lot easier to use that than sort out the Garmin, which I have totally failed to understand.

Last edited:

BRounsley

Über Member
A slight aside: does anyone know if it's a bad idea or not to strap a smart phone to the handlebars? Do phones survive the shaking? I've been struggling to get to grips with my Garmin 800, and look at my phone sitting there, loaded up with IGN and open source maps, ready to rock'n'roll (used for nav while hill-walking). It would be a lot easier to use that than sort out the Garmin, which I have totally failed to understand.

I’ve been doing it for years and have never experienced any “phone white knuckle” issues.

If your model is supported then I’d recommend the “Topeak weatherproof Ridecase”.

Here’s a thread on smartphone satnav-ing

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/smart-phone-cycling-–-iphone-heavy.158364/

uclown2002

Guru
A slight aside: does anyone know if it's a bad idea or not to strap a smart phone to the handlebars? Do phones survive the shaking? I've been struggling to get to grips with my Garmin 800, and look at my phone sitting there, loaded up with IGN and open source maps, ready to rock'n'roll (used for nav while hill-walking). It would be a lot easier to use that than sort out the Garmin, which I have totally failed to understand.
There's a good thread on here ref the garmin 800 and setting up. It's really not that difficult.
I'd post the link if I could find it!

Edit:- https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/garmin-edge-800-user-guide-with-fancy-pics.126369/post-3456970

Last edited:
Top Bottom