Strava Run Annual KOM?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
Im no.1 this year on a run segment...where’s my *!#? crown?

BF716BC8-BF31-40A2-9FF7-ACDB1DF033F8.jpeg

:becool:

classic33

Leg End Member
14TH overall.

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
And at 155bpm he needs to put a bit more effort in

The funny thing is that I’d only sprinted for 30s, it’s a really steep uphill I was doing an interval on.

Theoretically I could do even better.

But where is the Annual KOM, is that a thing of the past? Or is it only for bike rides?

classic33

Leg End Member
Eh? It says it is 200 metres at 6.7%! :whistle:

(Round here you might get 200 metres at 6.7% to get you to 500 metres at 12.8% which then leads you to 867 metres at 21.4%, and then you'd go round a bend to find a b*st*rd steep ramp! :laugh:)
Ramp ends with a sign showing Steep Incline.

U

User33236

The funny thing is that I’d only sprinted for 30s, it’s a really steep uphill I was doing an interval on.

Theoretically I could do even better.

But where is the Annual KOM, is that a thing of the past? Or is it only for bike rides?
I know they did the annual KOM a year or two ago but since they faffed about with their interface a few months ago I haven’t a clue what they are up to now.

Annual KOM didn’t really make much sense to me. You could go out at one minute past midnight and hold onto it for a few hours but what does it really gain?

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
I know they did the annual KOM a year or two ago but since they faffed about with their interface a few months ago I haven’t a clue what they are up to now.

Annual KOM didn’t really make much sense to me. You could go out at one minute past midnight and hold onto it for a few hours but what does it really gain?

Fame! Riches! Freeeeedom!

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
Ah - running - yes, that probably does feel pretty steep on foot! I never liked running up hills (or down them - it hurt my knees).
If it’s 6.7% that must be average, the path is like an exponential graph. :heat:

Uh the Strava segment goes up to 15.2%

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Its here:

View attachment 393823

I guess Strava has got popular :rolleyes:

View attachment 393824
I got pushed up that climb by former British road race champion Sid Barras once! :laugh:

It was a group ride but I was so slow that the other riders had got to the summit when I was still only halfway up. Sid came back down to look for me, did a u-turn, and stuck a hand on the back of my saddle. He instantly increased my speed by about 50%! :notworthy:

Top Bottom