Strava sharing to Facebook broken?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone use Strava website and share to Facebook?

It's worked fine for the past couple of years, it copies across the ride details and a mini map of the ride, for the last few days though nothing.

If I manually paste the Strava activity url and post onto Facebook all I see is the html link and no map or info on the ride. Tried disconnecting and reconnecting the account as suggested on their help page but it made no difference.

Anyone else having this issue? I'm on a free account

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
PC or App. The App version didn't work for me the other day.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Anyone use Strava website and share to Facebook?

It's worked fine for the past couple of years, it copies across the ride details and a mini map of the ride, for the last few days though nothing.

If I manually paste the Strava activity url and post onto Facebook all I see is the html link and no map or info on the ride. Tried disconnecting and reconnecting the account as suggested on their help page but it made no difference.

Anyone else having this issue? I'm on a free account
Yes, been like that for a while now.

OP
OP
Mojonaut

Mojonaut

Guru

Had this reply from Support:

We are currently investigating an issue that is preventing activities from being shared from the Strava website to Facebook. Athletes are describing that after hitting "share" from their Strava activity page, they are no longer receiving a "successfully shared to Facebook" message and the activity does not get shared to Facebook.

In the meantime, you may still be able to share successfully from the mobile app.

Thanks for your patience as we work to resolve the issue!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
workaround.... (in pro edition)

go to my activities, hit the share button there, share it to facebook.

It stopped working from the main activity page at the same time as it stopped being possible to login via facebook.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Had this reply from Support:

We are currently investigating an issue that is preventing activities from being shared from the Strava website to Facebook. Athletes are describing that after hitting "share" from their Strava activity page, they are no longer receiving a "successfully shared to Facebook" message and the activity does not get shared to Facebook.

In the meantime, you may still be able to share successfully from the mobile app.

Thanks for your patience as we work to resolve the issue!
And that's the first time I've been called an athlete in some years, in my case.

Top Bottom